A small question about Chaos

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
Big_Speck

A small question about Chaos

Post by Big_Speck »

How do I disable the Chaos Armor, Armor Shards, and heart beat sound that plays when you're close to death.? Also, is there a way to display the default weapons locker that comes with the game? When I play AS or ONS i see Chaos Weapons in the locker loadout even though they aren't enabled.
Azarael

Post by Azarael »

Looking through my ini block for Chaos, there doesn't appear to be an option for disabling these items. Speaking from a Duel background, as Duel was the main form of Chaos that was played online, the way to prevent heartbeat sounds from playing was to disable the Chaos mutator in Duel. Obviously, though, if you disable the mutator, you no longer have access to relics, the hook, tombstones, and all the other features present in the mutator - and you'll have to use a utility such as WoRM to add Chaos weapons to the game.
Big_Speck

Post by Big_Speck »

Azarael wrote:Looking through my ini block for Chaos, there doesn't appear to be an option for disabling these items. Speaking from a Duel background, as Duel was the main form of Chaos that was played online, the way to prevent heartbeat sounds from playing was to disable the Chaos mutator in Duel. Obviously, though, if you disable the mutator, you no longer have access to relics, the hook, tombstones, and all the other features present in the mutator - and you'll have to use a utility such as WoRM to add Chaos weapons to the game.
Hmm, well, I appreciate the response. I managed to disable the shards through some .ini tinkering but everything else is still there.

I guess as long as I have my Gravity Vortex/Redeemer combo I'm fine.

Also, I don't know if this is th place to say it, but this mod made UT99 and UT2003/4 incredible, just wanted to thank the creators before going.
Hermskii
Hermskii.com

Yes

Post by Hermskii »

Yes, who are the creators and where are they now? Don't let this mod slip too far into the past. There are many of us diehard UT players that will play this into the future. That said, we will need help and all of that! Please, show yourselves and assist us in continuing your efforts!
~Peace~

Hermskii
www.hermskii.com/forum