It is with "Great Honor"...

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
Hermskii
Hermskii.com

It is with "Great Honor"...

Post by Hermskii »

It is with "Great Honor" that I present to each of you the following NEW Chaos Servers BUT first let me mention a few helpful things to you. As with all of the "House of Hermskii" {HOH} servers, our goal is for you to require nothing more to play on them except the proper version of Unreal Tournament and the latest patch for that version of Unreal Tournament. When you connect to any of the {HOH} servers, every file you need to be able to connect and play will be sent to you via the high speed redirect server. Thus, you don't need to install the actual UMOD for this mod to play! You don't need UT Bonus Packs, Editors Choice Edition Bonus Pack, the Mega Pack, any version of the Chaos Mod and or the Community Bonus Packs! Just install UT or or UT2004 and the latest patch for that version of Unreal Tournament and you are ready. After that, just connect to one of the following servers:

"House of Hermskii ChaosUT Server" {HOHCUTS} which can be found at 98.197.145.227:7727 (Yes, you need to include the port number since I run 5 servers from this one IP Address).

"House of Hermskii ChaosUT2K4" {HOHCUT2K4} which can be found at 98.197.145.227:7787

Please note that though you can play without the Chaos mod installed, it is still far better to have it installed so you will have access to your Chaos player menu settings for keybinds AND you also won't have to wait for the files to download to you from the redirect when you connect. Having the umod installed also allows you to learn on your own in practice sessions.

Please go here to download the UT2004 version of the Chaos Mod:
http://www.filefront.com/8897687/cut_376_full_umod.zip
This version of Chaos requires that you also install the UT2004 3369 Patch and the Editors Choice Edition Bonus Pack which can both be found here:
http://www.beyondunreal.com/main/ut2004 ... ential.php

or

Go here for the UT(99) version of the Chaos Mod:
http://www.fileplanet.com/51843/50000/f ... nal-(UMOD)
This version of Chaos requires the UT 436 Patch and UT Bonus Pack 1 and Bonus Pack 4 which can both be downloaded here:
http://www.unrealtournament2003.com/utg ... loads.html

I am very grateful to the makers of this mod and I have loved it ever since I first ran into it years ago. Please feel free to post suggestions to me about changes you feel I need to make in order to make these servers continue to improve. I know I still need to add MapVote and other odds and ends to these servers but there is only so much time in a day for a married father of two. Please jump into one of these servers soon and also feel free to join and make comments at my forum at www.Hermskii.com/Forum . Note that I'm running these servers as DM servers with Chaos running as a mutator so look on the DeathMatch tab for them and if you're playing UT2004, make sure to clear the "Standard Servers Only" check box when you start the search. Peace all and I look forward to your comments and HELP! LOL.

One last thing: I'd like to give a "special thanks" to R.Flagg, FurrySound and Hammerman for assisting me when they could to get these servers up and going! THANKS folks!
Last edited by Hermskii on Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Peace~

Hermskii
www.hermskii.com/forum
Azarael

Post by Azarael »

Disable the ERDW, as it's extremely overpowered. The other Chaos weapons are either useless (MUG and Crossbow in addition to Chaos Sniper due to compound delay because of the projectile bullet and ping, ruining its use at its intended range) or less powerful than their UT2004 equivalents (the other weapons). The ERDW is actually more powerful than the Lightning Gun.

I did make a modification to extend the C.U.T.T.E.R. (40 damage up from 30), Crossbow (faster projectiles) and MUG (damage / projectile speed / range) to make them actually worth picking up, as well as fixing an issue with the Chaos Grenade Launcher where its own projectiles trigger on the player who fired them during a dodge etc, but I read recently that the CUT team don't really like that kind of thing.
Hammerman

Post by Hammerman »

My suggestions so far:
1) Lower the bot skill 1 notch. They kick ass in Chaos and will drive some people away.
2) Lower bot count by 1. It should be somewhat chaotic but not so much that people are turned off.
3) Add mapvote. Just so people can get off a map they don't like instead of leaving.

With player numbers declining over the years, most on my admin decisions are aimed at keeping the people happy. Anything that makes them leave is bad. Of course you can't please all the people all the time, but it doesn't hurt to try 8)

So far I got 1 guy to favorite your server (Lethargy) and I'm hoping to get a few more.
Thanks for all your efforts.
Good Times
---Hamm---
"If you build it.....they will come."---Field of Dreams
Hammerman

Post by Hammerman »

Heya Herm, is the server down cuz you're working on it, or did it get sucked into a vortex? I re-searched the DM list to see if the IP# changed but I didn't see it there.
Also, I tried to register for your forums several days ago but I'm still awaiting approval. No big rush though..... I know you're busy making things happen 8)
"If you build it.....they will come."---Field of Dreams
Hermskii
Hermskii.com

Hmmm?

Post by Hermskii »

I got home last night and fell asleep watching the State of the Union. true story! I never got to check on the servers and noticed this morning that the one in my banner showed to be offline. Now you tell me this one is off too so I have to suspect that I am having an issue and won't be able to resolve it until later this evening.

Do agree with Azarael about taking out the ERDW? I know it is strong but with no scope on it and the time it takes to reload and fire again, I feel like while it is strong, it is also a great risk to use in a busy server unless you're you're a spot on sniper /instagib PRO.

About your suggestions. I will be taking action on all of them. Reduce bots by 1, reduse bot skill by 1 and add MapVote. All great suggestions. I was already going to turn back down the bots. They were just up to make them be strong enough to finish the 30 frag count and start the next map for map testing purposes. Peace!

I never got a registration thing for you on the forum unless you used a username that sounded like a bot. Please register with your player name if you didn't.
~Peace~

Hermskii
www.hermskii.com/forum
Hermskii
Hermskii.com

Confirmation

Post by Hermskii »

I have changed the player count and the player skill per your request. I also can confirm I did not get your registration notification. Please give it another try and let me know when you did it!
~Peace~

Hermskii
www.hermskii.com/forum
Hermskii
Hermskii.com

Changes

Post by Hermskii »

This is here to let Hammerman know I got it and he is now registered at the HOH forum. Also, I had to change the game port to 7787 to avoid a port clash issue I was having. I edited the first post to show the change.

I set the idle kick from 30 to 300 because I think it is in seconds and not minutes. Everybody was getting booted for idling too log after 10 seconds or so. No problem there now! Peace.
~Peace~

Hermskii
www.hermskii.com/forum