Hello, Shred Seven here. Regarding Chaos melee ...

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
Dorian_Old

Hello, Shred Seven here. Regarding Chaos melee ...

Post by Dorian_Old »

This is an attempt to rally melee players. Instead of jumping the gun (I guess it should be jumping the sword) and throwing up a server again, I'd like to try loosely arranging some games first. Replies from people I've never met are preferable, although hopefully there are some people I know/knew/sort of know/sort of knew lurking around somewhere. I have actually been playing here and there with two old and two new friends. I had a listen server up not too long ago and someone joined, which threw me off a bit, but he turned out to be a nice guy and is now on my Steam friends list.

I recently made some "new" melee content, which has had mixed reactions from my friends including (in no particular order) "so much fun", "you've gone too far", "I hope you nerfed it", "melee-shmelee", "doubly silly", and general laughter. One day I got bored enough to take a look at jb and Melaneus's (I am really trying to give credit where it is due) Dual Daggers code and thought it would be interesting/silly/evil to transform most of the remaining weapons into dual weapons. These include:

Dual Double Axes
Dual Templars
Dual Bastard Swords
Dual Maces
Dual Katanas
Dual WarHammers
Dual Axes

So, I used their Dual Daggers code as base for dual wielding as well as LoQtUS's animations for them, and also had to duplicate the models, also made by LoQtUS, and change their rotation to be properly oriented on the player models' left hands. Finally, I had to swap out animations in some of the new dual weapons because, for instance, the new Dual Katanas' models are too long for some of the default daggers animations and collide in-game, rendering the attack useless.

So, if you have even read down this far, and would like to have some good Duels, reply to this post or add unrealshredder on Xfire and/or Steam (unrealshredder for both).
Hammerman

Post by Hammerman »

STOP! DOUBLE HAMMERTIME!

Even with double weapons it's impossible to beat Kaboodles with a bastard sword, but it's still fun as hell trying 8)
"If you build it.....they will come."---Field of Dreams
Dorian_Old

Post by Dorian_Old »

Buckled.

66.55.142.196:7777