i need help with 2 questions

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
Legendary_Agent

i need help with 2 questions

Post by Legendary_Agent »

hey, im trying to make an inv server with chaos weps and i would like to know of a way to disable grappling hook, i need it disabled because it can be a little exploited by using it on flying monster to grapple to the sky for example.
I would really like to know of a way to disable it

the second question is a little bit more tricky, have u noticed that chaos weps are a bit glitchy with weapon lockers? what i want to do now is to find the ammo class of chaos weapons, this way i want to spawn the chaos ammo from monster drops using a mutator so all i need is the class for the ammo.
This way i can spawn the weapons from chaos aswell.

Thanks in advance guys!
Legendary_Agent

ah cmon guys i know there must be a way to have this problem solved, i find it way to weird that a mod like this with so many years of development wouldnt bother to find a workaround for weapon lockers :S

Can you at least recommend a mutator that swaps standard weapons for any weapon and it also works for weapon lockers? or another mutator that removes weapon lockers?
Thanks in advance!
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

My suggestion for the 1st question is to admin-kick the player who insists on abusing some glitch. This type of admin-ing is quite common. Sky-hooking is not the only glitch to come up in a game/mod before. The real problem is the players who insist on abusing them. Life is too short to put up with that kind of person. Warn/kick/ban - problem solved.

For the second question, "have we noticed CUT2 and weapon lockers"? Are you kidding me? :wink: Yeah, we noticed. And we noticed. And we coded. And we tested, and we coded. I think we ended up doing pretty good, all things considered. What exactly is the 'glitch' you are seeing? Just curious. Not a lot I can do about it at this point in time.

But anyway, about the ammo classes, a few things;

a) I'm not a coder, so for some questions you're going to be on your own. Though having said that,
b) you might ask our newest team member <a href="http://www.forums.chaoticdreams.org/vie ... php?t=5086" target="_blank">Tim</a> if he has any input.
c) Search is your friend, refer to "b".
Legendary_Agent

R.Flagg wrote:My suggestion for the 1st question is to admin-kick the player who insists on abusing some glitch. This type of admin-ing is quite common. Sky-hooking is not the only glitch to come up in a game/mod before. The real problem is the players who insist on abusing them. Life is too short to put up with that kind of person. Warn/kick/ban - problem solved.

For the second question, "have we noticed CUT2 and weapon lockers"? Are you kidding me? :wink: Yeah, we noticed. And we noticed. And we coded. And we tested, and we coded. I think we ended up doing pretty good, all things considered. What exactly is the 'glitch' you are seeing? Just curious. Not a lot I can do about it at this point in time.

But anyway, about the ammo classes, a few things;

a) I'm not a coder, so for some questions you're going to be on your own. Though having said that,
b) you might ask our newest team member <a href="http://www.forums.chaoticdreams.org/vie ... php?t=5086" target="_blank">Tim</a> if he has any input.
c) Search is your friend, refer to "b".

Hello thanks for reply, i really wish there was a way to either disable grapple hook or simply "ignore" any monsters or actors besides the map walls themselves.

As for the weapon locker issue, i notice that with ut2004rpg 2.2 which is the latest version, any weapon locker fails to actually be replaced, it simply duplicates, i can see that by texture clipping and sometimes u have ugly dual weapon lockers one inside another. one with small X & Y location values differences than the other, dunno how to explain better than that so sorry.

As i know this mode is even suported for invasion, since it lets proxies be controlled by players out of the match which is why i find it odd with this issue.

I really want this mode in my inv server tbh, but i dont wanna edit every single map with weapon locker because its weapon mutator is glitchy with them, thats why im asking these questions xD

PS: is there really no way to deactivate grapple hook? i mean sure its fun but... i would like it off i like to take care of any sort of exploit.
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Oh, yeah, that mod. Boy does that bring back some memories.

Bottom line is that despite our tireless efforts to make Chaos as compatible as possible, sometimes things simply can't be done, and you can't mix/match every single mod or mutator that exists. Some of them simply will not work together.

If I recall correctly, that mod is one example. Since both mods try to replace the weapon lockers or some such issue like that.

We spent a lot of time talking to fans and even creator(s) of that mod, and I'm not sure a fix was ever created, or was ever possible. Sometimes it just can't be done.

It even led to some non-fun discussions among the Chaos team about what kind of options we should include in our mod. Best I'm willing to suggest is to check your ChaosUT2.ini, and see if there are any settings in there that suit your needs. To be perfectly honest, I don't remember where we left it, and I have no desire to relive those discussions.

I wish you well, live long and prosper, but when it comes to questions like removing our weapons or grapple, I'm out.
Legendary_Agent

R.Flagg wrote:Oh, yeah, that mod. Boy does that bring back some memories.

Bottom line is that despite our tireless efforts to make Chaos as compatible as possible, sometimes things simply can't be done, and you can't mix/match every single mod or mutator that exists. Some of them simply will not work together.

If I recall correctly, that mod is one example. Since both mods try to replace the weapon lockers or some such issue like that.

We spent a lot of time talking to fans and even creator(s) of that mod, and I'm not sure a fix was ever created, or was ever possible. Sometimes it just can't be done.

It even led to some non-fun discussions among the Chaos team about what kind of options we should include in our mod. Best I'm willing to suggest is to check your ChaosUT2.ini, and see if there are any settings in there that suit your needs. To be perfectly honest, I don't remember where we left it, and I have no desire to relive those discussions.

I wish you well, live long and prosper, but when it comes to questions like removing our weapons or grapple, I'm out.
Hello, thx again for the reply, the chaos weapons replace ut2004rpg magic pickups version of the ut2004 default weapons, you can even apply magical status to them so why wouldnt it be able to be also applied on weapon locker? Im not a ut coder but im pretty sure making just a diff code for the weapon lockers can also work just as nicely.

Removing any of the weapon is done easelly but i have them all, only removed the relycs cause ut2004rpg has their own artifacts & stats, so i have removed them because those relycs were making some stats and artifacts from ut2004rpg pointless, but the rest is the same, even kept the bike in invasion xD.
Imo theres no reason to feel offended by such a small thing as grapple toggle, each person has their own tastes and ideas on what to put chos to work with and this mod is much more than just that xD.

Well hopefully ill find a way to either fix the weapon problem or the grappling air issues, or even both.
HF and thx for the replies.