What are CGL full ammo classes? + few suggestions & bugs

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
Legendary_Agent

What are CGL full ammo classes? + few suggestions & bugs

Post by Legendary_Agent »

Questions:
Hello, as some of you might know im working very hard to make a 24/7 invasion server, so far i had few issues with the rpg system and the chaos weapons and ive managed to find ways to work around them, however i have an issue with chaos grenade launcher, it simply is to overpowered when it comes to invasion, namely the disruptor ammo, with infinite ammo you can simply spam this left and right while all other players will kill the monsters at ease since they are stunned, (not shooting and not moving)...
to avoid weapons infinite i usually have to add their ammo classes to the superammoclassnames, but with this specific weapon it doesnt work, am i missing some ammunition classes of the Chaos Grenade Launcher? this is what i have:
SuperAmmoClassNames=CGLStandardAmmo
SuperAmmoClassNames=CGLPoisonAmmo
SuperAmmoClassNames=CGLDisruptorAmmo
SuperAmmoClassNames=CGLNapalmAmmo

I would really appreciate help on this issue, any usefull information will do!

Suggestions & Glitches
2)Ignore Collision of Grappling Hook with Monsters or Instantly Retract the Hook Back once its colliding with them, i ask this because if u hit with grapple hook a flying monster, the grapple hook will grapple the air, which means its grappling nothing... and thats kinda unrealistic tbh.
3)Please fix Chaos Weapons Mutator Bug making weird duplicates with weaponlockers instead of removing the old weapon locker
4)Theres a more serious bug that kinda kills your chance to add other weapon mutators swapping: Even if u completely disablee Chaos Weapons Mutator in Chaos Settings, the weapon lockers will still duplicate weirdly... If Chaos Mutator is removed, the Chaos Weapons spawn fine but that means ill loose grapple, proxy control, chaos mini armor and so on.
5)Make a way to choose which ammo type to spawn for multi ammo weapons, for example imagine for some reason i dont want poison arrows ingame, so add some sort of black list or white list system for what ammotype to spawn.
6)Please and this means alot for me regarding this weapon, please add damage for vortex cannon! the way it acts now is it simply annihilates anything no matter if it has 1hp or 100000000000000000hp, its very unrealistic when u kill a boss with 60.000 hp in 1 vortex hit, its just a letdown and for that reason i had to remove the weapon from the game :( why not add a way to make the vortex take 200dmg per second as long as youre in the black hole? it would be so much better for invasion games.

Thanks for reading, hope these suggestions are usefull and someone could help me out with the chaos grenade launcher ammunition class.

Thanks in Advance!
Last edited by Legendary_Agent on Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Legendary_Agent

Post by Legendary_Agent »

Updated thread with more suggestions and explained the reason why i advised the grapple hook behavior with monsters.