New page on site for CUT2:E - the videos

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

New page on site for CUT2:E - the videos

Post by R.Flagg »

There is new page on the main Chaos web site, CUT2:E videos. You can find it here;
http://chaoticdreams.org/chaosut2evolution-videos/

The first video shows a large turret being deployed, and then its weapons switched. Finally, you can see me using the remote turret cameras to look through all 3 turrets which have been placed in the level. When you OR your team have more than one turret, the cams are networked (naturally), so you can see through all of them.

I'll say it again, CUT2:E remains one of the most under-reviewed mods ever made. I will accept the blame for that, because I probably should have done a better job of promoting it. But also because there are so many features that a quick-play-through by a new player (or so-called reviewer) just won't reveal them all. You have to really get to know Chaos, to appreciate it fully.

Sure, its been a long time, and life 'n gaming have perhaps moved on. But nonetheless, look for more videos to come.
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Re: New page on site for CUT2:E - the videos

Post by R.Flagg »

Next up; a SpyProxy kill;
Hermskii
Hermskii.com

Post by Hermskii »

What was that! That was awesome! Is there more info about this?
~Peace~

Hermskii
www.hermskii.com/forum
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Sure, from the CUT2:E weapons page of our web site;
Advanced Weapon Option – Claw2/Proxy Mines:
Once you have an active proxy mine – and one selected in the Claw2 at the same time – you can then use the AWO key to take remote control of the active proxy mine, a sort of ‘SpyProxy’. You will actually see thru the proxy’s eyes, and have control over where he goes!

When in control of the proxy, you can look all around, and use your jump key to make him jump forward. You can even use your Fire key to cause the proxy to explode on command. Your view returns to normal when the proxy dies

A perfect example of how a picture (or video) is worth a thousand words. Which is why more videos are on the way.

The first couple were pre-planned features, implemented via the Advanced Weapon Option (AWO).. here's one that shows a (ahem) 'feature' that just fell into place...

Ever wanted to kill that bastard with your vortex, but he's waaaay over there, and on top of that, he's sniper'n at you? Well, kick the sphere;
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Chaos, the 'Wright Bros.' of Grapple Flight;
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Yep.
Hermskii
Hermskii.com

Post by Hermskii »

That video made no sense to me. Sorry.
~Peace~

Hermskii
www.hermskii.com/forum
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Well, I do probably need a better video of it in action. Might require a couple volunteers or something. Maybe a couple players and a cameraman.

But basically its just the Kamikaze, which is (in this version) the AWO feature of the Claw2 w/needler ammo.

To be honest, I always thought it was a bit confusing too. In MotherChaos you could see your character holding an armful of rockets. In this version, you stick explosive needle balls all over yourself.

If we do it again, I'd prefer to either go back to the q2-ish version, OR, as Q would probably say, something new and fresh.
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

"That didn't hurt."

Imp Hunting in Horde Hunters.

Hammerman's map kicks butt.
Dr.Flay
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Dr.Flay »

Not good enough to go with your collection, but here is an old vid of me playing a melee match in one of my all-time fave maps. BTW. use only the "iYvdee7Hjtc" part of the URL to embed here.

Chaos is being mixed with the perfect partner, the UT2004RPG mod.
The Warlord causing chaos with his rockets is my pet. I was a vampire and level 7 Monster-whisperer. His kills count as mine :twisted:

The music is a few rock mashups by one of my favourite DJs "Angels and Filth".
They were chosen for lyrics, mood and pace, so not to be distracting, but if you sing along it will make you smile ;)
Because they are mashups they are also copyright-free :mrgreen:
Unreal Engine resources: https://yourunreal.wordpress.com
Register your Unreal site at http://forumdirectory.freeforums.org
Who is Dr.Flay ?
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

==========
May 22, 2002 - MassChAoS: "These 5 models have been started: Sword, Axe, Airfist, Hoverboard, Vortex Pickup ..."

July 18, 2003 - R.Flagg: "Well, I really like the hoverboard racing game type idea. And I think it needs a grapple! "

March 20, 2004 - LoQtUS: "Here are the ideas i had when designing the model. ,,, A player on the board should be able to hook another vehicle and be able to be pulled behind it, or up in the air by a Flyn Vehicle."

April 03, 2004 - Chaos changelog: "Added check and code that allows you to grapple and be pulled by vehicles"

Summer 2004 - Chaos sumbits various copies of mod (including instructions how to summon our WIP hoverboard w/grapple) to Epic for both the ECE and MSUC.

May 2005 - Epic announces UT2007 (UT3), and that a hoverboard w/grapple will be included

denies any connection - wants you to believe it's coincidence

=================
:roll:
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Proxy mines, each with their own personal Anti-Grav Belt (specifically for HyperCTF)