Official Chaotic Dreams Public Server – empty, why?

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
Deathstorm

Official Chaotic Dreams Public Server – empty, why?

Post by Deathstorm »

I love this mod, but the server is empty at all times I log in, accept 1 bot. Can the admin atleast log in & put a few more bots in?
Tim
Chaotic Dreams Team

Re: Official Chaotic Dreams Public Server – empty, why?

Post by Tim »

Hey, first things first -- sorry for the late reply, been busy for the last few days.

And sure, I can change that, but I probably won't be able to do so today. The reason it's set to min. 2 players (meaning, 1 bot when nobody else is in) is because it can be annoying to have bots in some matches.

I might be able to change this tomorrow, but probably won't be able to (some network issues -- the server is hosted at home ATM -- and I won't have time to change them right now). Please remind me if I don't do this by Friday (I'll probably have time to sort this out Thursday evening or Friday morning).
Dorian

Post by Dorian »

I'd suggest making bot-populated counterparts to your original votable gametypes. Use MinPlayers=10 or your preference in the Options field for each desired gametype on the Voting GameConfig tab (if using WebAdmin). Only drawback is--I believe you need to then use MinPlayers=0 for the original gametypes so the value doesn't stick.
Dr.Flay
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Dr.Flay »

:idea: How about a bot upgrade with FerBotz ? http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3805
Or you could put in Loathsome's swarm zombies to spice it up?
Asguard's Monsterspawner is always good for variety.

and CalicoZer0 can you halve the size of that sig, or pick a more sensible one please?
7.5 MB is more than excessive for a sig.
When I am on my phone, I have to pay for data. That is half a meg over my entire weeks data allowance.
It also means when I hit a thread you have posted in, I often give-up waiting, and go look for another.
Please think of others who have to pay per byte or with a slow connection :D
Unreal Engine resources: https://yourunreal.wordpress.com
Register your Unreal site at http://forumdirectory.freeforums.org
Who is Dr.Flay ?
Tim
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Tim »

Hey, there seems to be a problem with the server over there (I think the primary HDD might be [semi-?]shot), so I guess it might be time to finally migrate it to the big server.

Should be much more reliable though, provided that it doesn't slow down the other websites (like these forums) too much. I'll get to work on that this weekend, when I get physical access to the old server and thus can copy things over (provided the HDD isn't completely shot).

As for FerBotz and so on... The server is a UT2004 one, so I don't think that'll help.