Large-scale melee duel tournament is coming.

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
atro city

Large-scale melee duel tournament is coming.

Post by atro city »

For more information, please check this topic:

http://generals.zclans.com/forums/index ... wtopic=136

Everyone is highly encouraged to sign up.
Gen_.:Nö_ñAmE:.

Post by Gen_.:Nö_ñAmE:. »

107+ really needs to come back from exile and face us. I wanna fight Fizzy! But if he was to participate in the tourney, we would all be in big boo boo trouble. But since he is gone, the only problem I have to worry about is the LRFS! :lol:
General_Sun

Post by General_Sun »

Lol. I'll find him and bring him back. Don't worry aout it.
High Council member of The Generals
Rythmix

Post by Rythmix »

General_Sun wrote:Lol. I'll find him and bring him back. Don't worry aout it.
Then i suggest letting your european clanmates play against them on their server only, lest they lag rape you.
Rythm is Gonna Get Ya!
AA/unreality

Post by AA/unreality »

i'm European :D
Rythmix

Post by Rythmix »

AA/unreality wrote:i'm European :D
*points and laughts* :lol: :lol: :lol: :P (kiss)
Rythm is Gonna Get Ya!
General_Sun

Post by General_Sun »

I just want to note that registration closes on the 15th...
Rythmix

Post by Rythmix »

hmm i have idea for management of the next tournament.
Rythm is Gonna Get Ya!
LoQtUS

Post by LoQtUS »

Ok so, i want to register but i dont know what time this thing will be on wed Oct 20. Im going to have to go to work. Will this be at night, I mean i dont want to sign up if i wont be able to make it.
The Dark Side of Chaos.
atro city

Post by atro city »

This will be going on for about a month or so after October 20th. Don't worry, you'll have plenty of time to do this.
General_Sun

Post by General_Sun »

Yeah I just want to clarify on how this works. It's going to last for a long time after oct 20. We're not that dumb to put a no cash tourney out for 1 day. We know that people won't be able to meet the deadlines, so that's why we're making this deadline thing really really long. Each round, takes about a week. You have a week to find your partner and fight him. We'll help you in that process. If you cannot meet this deadline, the away person gets disqualified. Hopefully this won't happen a lot though.

once my isp gets back on its feet, I'll make a webpage with full explainations. For now just sign up!
General_Sun

Post by General_Sun »

The thread has once again been updated with vital info. It's all in the first post.
atro city

Post by atro city »

New update: we now have a European duel server! So, now everyone can duel and not have to worry about lag!

We encourage EVERYONE, regardless of where you're located, to sign up!
Rythmix

Post by Rythmix »

Rythmix wrote:
General_Sun wrote:Lol. I'll find him and bring him back. Don't worry aout it.
Then i suggest letting your european clanmates play against them on their server only, lest they lag rape you.
to clarify "lag rape"... those with high pings usually come with packetloss. And if there is one thing Ive learned from playing thievery for UT99, melee based games where close contact and direct visible hits are occuring, teleporting is a factor when PL and highpings are present, often a player, not on purpose, will appear to teleport around your screen and you'll get hit before you even see the player coming at you. This is the lag rape i speak of.

It happens, nothing you can really do, but the addition of the euro server now will help to sway an incredible amount of "omg lag" complaints from international players.

Some tips when fighting a teleporter:
Although "lag" usually means they are a few milliseconds behind you (in time), Unreal somehow compensates for that by skipping those frames, but its not a perfect compensation, and usually the person ends up appearing a few millisecs ahead of you. This is what happens when you see the person 7 feet away (relatively) and then all of a sudden you are hit and the opponent appears right on top of you.

Always compensate for this by keeping an extra distance than normal between you, and watch them closely. You will notice a pattern developing afterwhile and get used to it. Other than that just keep your distance and perfect your timing.

Keep in mind that since nothing can be done about this, There will be no rematch or extra consideration given to players in the tourney. No matter which server you play on, it can happen. Try to agree on a time that you and your opponent can agree on that you both have good pings on one of the servers.
Rythm is Gonna Get Ya!
alexis92

Re: Large-scale melee duel tournament is coming.

Post by alexis92 »

It's so crazy to see posts from 2004.