Chaos Web Design

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Re: Chaos Web Design

Post by R.Flagg »

Thanks for stopping by Trix! And yes, cyberhawk is definitely kickin butt!

Mr Hawk - ty for fixing that double-vehicles page thing. I couldn't figure out what was causing it.

And as nice as they are, I guess it's time we put away the xmas decorations till next year.

Thanks for doing them though - it's just such a nice touch to have seasonal stuff.
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Greg, weirdness for the new year.

I noticed that the 'random' CUT4 WIP Pics on the main page sidebar widget didn't seem to be rotating. They are the same two no matter how many times I click away and come back. I also noticed that the Xmas decorations (santa hat and elf hats are still there)

But... when I login as admin, the two sidebar widget pics start to rotate again, and the xmas decos are gone.

Figured it was some kind of cookie or cache or whatever issue, but hitting f5 doesn't seem to change matters.

Same behaviour exists on my desktop, laptop, and phone.

Happy New Year! :D
cyberhawk

Post by cyberhawk »

It probably had something to do with the cache so I cleared it on the back side for you. Hopefully that took care of it. If not, please let me know.

Thanks buddy and Happy New Year to you too!
Founder of Unreal Central: "Keeping It Unreal"
Owner/Web Designer of Cyberhawk Designs

UT Creations: IK-Stealth-V3 for UT2004 * IK-Soldiers-LE for UT2004 * IK-XARK-V1D for UT3
cyberhawk

Post by cyberhawk »

I removed Quick Cache from the plugins in order for the Gallery Widget to display two random images. :)

UT Creations: IK-Stealth-V3 for UT2004 * IK-Soldiers-LE for UT2004 * IK-XARK-V1D for UT3
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Thank you for following up on this Greg. I do believe it has made an improvement.

You mentioned moving. Not asking for you to reveal personal details here, but if you're still in the same relative area as before, any chance I can buy you a dinner,, like maybe in February? Perhaps in Middletown or somewhere that's between us both?

I'd like to sit and chat about life, Chaos, androgynous glam-rock stars of the '70s, ... and also pick your brain about that donate button sidebar thing, as I have done some reading about it but still have questions. I'm guessing you've set up more than 1 before.
Dr.Flay
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Dr.Flay »

Hehe, fans of Bowie and Bolan by any chance ?
Unreal Engine resources: https://yourunreal.wordpress.com
Register your Unreal site at http://forumdirectory.freeforums.org
Who is Dr.Flay ?
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Hey, look, it's Doc!

Heh, truth be told I just threw that in to be silly. I certainly am a fan (most especially the genius of Bowie), but I don't really know where CyberGreg stands.
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

cyberhawk ,

Is it possible to either
a) make a new post that does Not require a Featured Image
or
b) post a video, and have it's preview / thumbnail image be used as the Featured Image

Sometimes we just want to post a video from our current build, to show what's going on, and/or other times we might want to make a quicky post that is all text, and has no image to go with it.
warhead
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by warhead »

Last night I tried to post up a vid. I used the box which said to cut and paste an embedded vid link. With Preview it works great, but when actually posting it and then going to the site, the vid would not show up when clicking the 'read more' link. thumbnail image was blank, so would be uber cool to be able to put the vid there.
https://twitter.com/warhead328
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0pIJx ... s-0ug_Etgg
Often thought to be intimidating, "warhead" is actually an inside joke poking fun at me, referring to the earlier days of my Unreal Redeemer fetish :D
warhead
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by warhead »

Flagg showed me what to do(gotta use the Shortcodes button). I was able to post up the spiderman vid to the site. I used a screen shot from the vid as the thumbnail.
https://twitter.com/warhead328
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0pIJx ... s-0ug_Etgg
Often thought to be intimidating, "warhead" is actually an inside joke poking fun at me, referring to the earlier days of my Unreal Redeemer fetish :D
cyberhawk

Post by cyberhawk »

I'm working on getting the posted videos to automatically generate a Featured Image thumbnail, so you won't have to mess with it. I will also create a favicon for the website as I just noticed there isn't one. Ooooops. ;)

R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

You're the man!

Thanks Greg.
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Ever tried your hand at concept art? Ya know, for maps, weapons, vehicles, whatever?
cyberhawk

Post by cyberhawk »

I can give it a shot R.Flagg. I think I'll do a weapon first. Anything in particular you're looking for or just something creative and new?

R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Excellent!

Well, I'd just prefer something from our Chart, but let me ask Mike to respond to that, see what he wants to concentrate on first.

(up)