Which weapons will be in ChaosUT4 ?

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
Netzpatron

Which weapons will be in ChaosUT4 ?

Post by Netzpatron »

As the title says, I would like to know which weapons return in the new ChaosUT.
I personally feel like all the weapons from the first ChaosUT should return, but not more.
ChaosUT2 Evolution has too many weapons imo

Weapons I like:
Bastard Sword
Crossbow (all ammo types)
CAS12 Shotgun (all ammo types)
CUT Utility Gun
C.U.T.T.E.R. (definitely)
Proximity Mines + The Claw
RPB Bullets for the sniper
Turret and Vortex
(Turret should be bigger and stronger tho. It is incredibly easy to kill him in both UT's. I prefer him using the shock rifle instead of a minigun tbh and the rockets should fire as frequently as in UT99)

Weapons I dislike (or I simply never use them because they are boring):
CPP
Enhanced Rail Delivery Weapon (aka ERDW)

Just saying ChaosUT2004 feels a little to spammy. I simply prefer the UT99 Chaos, but that's just my opinion :-)
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Re: Which weapons will be in ChaosUT4 ?

Post by R.Flagg »

Well, we haven't fully kicked into Weapons stage yet, so everything is subject to change. But this is still Chaos, and you'll find the arsenal pretty familiar.

And we should note, that since we're here to have a good time, we reserve the right to change our minds right up until last moment. But we think we have a pretty good idea of what's coming.

I don't think we've posted a chart yet, but I guess we can now. Getting closer all the time anyway.
Netzpatron

Post by Netzpatron »

That's all good... but.. wait
There won't be a Turret??

kinda disappointed now :(

I was pretty sure there will be one once I saw this:
http://chaoticdreams.org/2015/05/28/tha ... t-concept/
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

:P

You're pointing at something we weren't really ready to explain yet. Because we wanted to make sure it's going to work before pimping it.

But the answer is Yes, we have every intention of having turrets. It's just a matter of how the player gets one.

EMC2
thatscrawnykid
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by thatscrawnykid »

Netzpatron wrote:That's all good... but.. wait
There won't be a Turret??

kinda disappointed now :(

I was pretty sure there will be one once I saw this:
http://chaoticdreams.org/2015/05/28/tha ... t-concept/
Don't be disappointed it is definitely on our list of things to do. As flagg mentioned turrets will appear as part of a bigger plan down the road.
Netzpatron

Post by Netzpatron »

alright, glad to hear that. Thanks a lot! :)
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

'Skull and Crossbow'

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... Bow_16.png

Something TSK has been conjuring up. Probably be working on it right now if it weren't for Matthew.

Best of luck MrKid, we're with you.
Deathstorm

Post by Deathstorm »

Can't wait, this is the only mod I love that decided to come to UT4, lots of great memories... RIP to Ballistic Weapons, they will be greatly missed... And hopefully UT4s server browser system will make things easier for you guys...
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Sample strategies of some Chaos weapons.

The Proxy Mines. 1st thing to remember is right in the name. These are 'mines'. They are not bullets or rockets. You do not shoot proxies 'at' players, you lay mines 'for' players. These are best used in indoor areas. If you can put out a bunch of them in a room -before- the enemy gets there. Ideally you get to know your opponents favorite spots in a map, and that's where you put proxies. If they really like the rail gun for example, put proxies all around the rail gun spawn point as often as you can in the match. Take away his favorite weapon as often as you can, by laying mines around it.

Another good use of proxy, when may layout allows it, is to place them in sleeping position on wall just inside the entrances to flag room in CTF. Let them come running into the flag room, proxies wake up and now they have to get past your proxies to get out.

Proxies are the traditional nemesis to the turrets. They are small, and jumpy, and hard for the turrets to target. So don't rush the turret head-on, stand around the corner and spam proxies at it.

Explosive crossbow is basically a rocket launcher. Splash damage is your friend. You don't always need direct hits, which are hard anyway. If they are not politely standing against a wall for you, you can try to hit at their feet. This means that using explosive crossbow in combination with AntiGrav relic, and/or grapple is a good combo. Get up above enemy, shoot down, and use the ground for splash damage.

Poison grenades are best used for area control. Block off entrance to flag room or similar objective. Also great for when you are low on health and need to retreat. If you don't want them to follow you, drop some poison nades.

vortex of course is best used when there is a crowd. Don't necessarily fire it off right when you pick it up. Try to save it until you get a few players together. If you can catch a few folks off guard as they are fighting each other, all the better. While they are distracted dodging rockets, you toss a vortex in the room.

vortex is also good for clearing a room full of proxies.

The sword is all about style. obviously its only useful up close, and that's hard to do. So you need to be able to juke and jive and stay alive, while approaching your target. Unless of course you get lucky and can just sneak up behind them. Glorious.

Turrets are great if you can get them in high traffic areas. Don't place them in seldom used corners of the map. Get to a main room, main hallway, crossing point in ctf map, etc

Buzzsaw is great for hallways, tight places. Get at end of a hallway, preferably standing near some kind of objective somebody wants to get to (weapon spawn, flag room, etc), and just spam the **** outta those things bouncing off the walls the moment you hear somebody coming. Remember, spam is Not a 4 letter word.

Homing rockets were all about open rooms or outdoor areas. Especially if you have a group of people who are really into the AntiGrav, floating all around. Just duck into the doorway, and unload all the homing rockets you got at once, duck back out.

Disruptor/EMP grenades were great in a couple of very different situations. First of all, if you are about to get into a fight with someone who might maybe have the upper hand on you, maybe been beatin' your ass for last 10 mins... blind them first, then shoot them. Throw them off their game by taking away their sight and sound for a sec before you shoot at them. Even things up a bit, last thing you want is a fair fight.

Also of course very useful against vehicles. Disruptor/EMP grenades are what makes it possible for foot soldiers to take on vehicles, and win. Shut down the vehicle, then quickly change to explosive bow and pound away.

Laser mines are best if can put them on a wall right around a corner, in a high traffic area. Or just around a corner to your opponents favorite watering hole. If she likes to go into that room over and over to get the vortex launcher, make sure that there is always a laser mine waiting. Or, even better, laser mine backed up by sleeping proxies (used to be same Claw weapon, easy combo to do).