The chaos for UT4???

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
Deathstorm

The chaos for UT4???

Post by Deathstorm »

How close is it to coming out???
Hermskii
Hermskii.com

Re: The chaos for UT4???

Post by Hermskii »

Am I missing something? What Chaos am I running on my UT2K4 server if it isn't what Deathstorm is asking about?
~Peace~

Hermskii
www.hermskii.com/forum
Dr.Flay
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Dr.Flay »

Don't panic Hermskii, you have the UT2004 version

If you follow our social media or the news on the main site you will have been aware of the situation.
Chaos UT4 is as close to being finished as UT4 is (eg. not, and won't be).
We could not continue with the last UT build as it introduced bugs that broke the mod.
You can play what we have on the previous UT4 build, but that means you may then have problems playing on servers running the newest version.

We have been forced to move the project over to the main UE4 SDK which has advantages and disadvantages.
The biggest disadvantage is that it will take a lot longer to make, because we now have to make the full Chaos game.
The existing code and resources are being ported, but it is not as straight forward as you may hope for.
More coders with C++ experience would help us pick up some speed, as we all have real lives and Chaos is a part-time labour of love.
Progress is slow but steady and continuing.
Unreal Engine resources: https://yourunreal.wordpress.com
Register your Unreal site at http://forumdirectory.freeforums.org
Who is Dr.Flay ?
Deathstorm

Post by Deathstorm »

tunicscab

Post by tunicscab »

Hermskii wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 2:39 am Am I missing something? What Chaos am I running on my UT2K4 server if it isn't what Deathstorm is asking about?
We had no choice but to switch the project over to the main UE4 software development kit (SDK), which comes with both benefits and drawbacks. Because we will need to create the complete Chaos game, the production time will increase significantly, which is the most significant disadvantage.
Christian Franco penalty kick online