ChaosUT / ChaosUT2E Turret Health

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
Netzpatron

ChaosUT / ChaosUT2E Turret Health

Post by Netzpatron »

Hello there!
Is there any way to increase the turrets starting Health ?

The reason why I ask is that turrets in both UT2004 and UT99 are very easy and quick to destroy which is kinda sad, as it is easier to destroy the turret than making him empty and take control over him.
I really like the function you can take over turrets, but that's not worth it if your enemy can snipe him down with 5 shots ;).

These are the only settings you can change in the menu or ChaosUT.ini . Is there any other hidden file you can change the health of turret, for example 5000 instead of 500?
TurretStartingEnergyAmmo=100
TurretMaxEnergyAmmo=200
TurretStartingRocketAmmo=50
TurretMaxRocketAmmo=100
MaxTurrets=4

Thanks in advance !
Dr.Flay
Chaotic Dreams Team

Re: ChaosUT / ChaosUT2E Turret Health

Post by Dr.Flay »

I have had a look at the UT2004 mod and can't find a way yet. I will have a look at the UT99 mod later.

Really the idea is you look after your turrets. It is up to the players to repair them and reload more ammo.
Unreal Engine resources: https://yourunreal.wordpress.com
Register your Unreal site at http://forumdirectory.freeforums.org
Who is Dr.Flay ?
Netzpatron

Post by Netzpatron »

Hi.

A lot of time has passed and after playing some ChaosUT (UT99) I have come back to this topic
Dr.Flay wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:47 am
Really the idea is you look after your turrets. It is up to the players to repair them and reload more ammo.
No, there is unfortunately no way to give your turret health or repair. Only "Energy" which is his first type of ammo as well as Rockets (ammo).
Or am I wrong?

As stated above it's kinda difficult and time consuming to spawn the turret in a good position, but it's so ungrateful if it can be destroyed within 5-10 seconds with any weapon. That is why increasing its base Health is such an important change for me and I would love to get some support here on how to realize it.
Its Health is probably assigned somewhere in the ChaosUT.u file. But how to modify that?

Thanks in advance :)
Netzpatron

Post by Netzpatron »

Hi.

A lot of time has passed and after playing some ChaosUT (UT99) I have come back to this topic
Dr.Flay wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:47 am
No, there is unfortunately no way to give your turret health or repair. Only "Energy" which is his first type of ammo as well as Rockets (ammo).
Or am I wrong?

As stated above it's kinda difficult and time consuming to spawn the turret in a good position, but it's so ungrateful if it can be destroyed within 5-10 seconds with any weapon. That is why increasing its base Health is such an important change for me and I would love to get some support here on how to realize it.
Its Health is probably assigned somewhere in the ChaosUT.u file. But how to modify that?

Thanks in advance :)