An idea for a KOTH map

Discussions about Chaos mapping for the UT series.

Is this a good idea?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 7

one_gundam_war

An idea for a KOTH map

Post by one_gundam_war »

:proxy: a volcano. make it so that the hill is like a platform over the little crater thingie at the top of the volcano.
:proxy: this could be cool because the mapper could add smoke effects and stuff like that so that it is like an insane war on top of the platform. and make sure there is room for people to grapple to safety.
:proxy: imagine this: armed with your modified flak cannon, you slowly make your way to the hill. just as you become king, you feel the burn of a shock beam on your back. as you fall towards your lava, you remember your grapple. you quickly shoot it towards the platform, and barely start to feel the tug of the lifting as you speed towards the platform, vengance on your mind.
Originally said by GIR
Looks like somebody needs a hug!!
MassChAoS

Post by MassChAoS »

maybe in the crater...
jb

Post by jb »

Yea that was one of the first things I thought about doing when I stared KOTH mapping. Just never did it :) Good idea.
Jb
one_gundam_war

Post by one_gundam_war »

nice to see that my idea is feasable.
it would be cool to be inside of the crater itself, but imho it would be cooler to be fighting over a pool of lava.
also, if possible, maybe make random eruptions occur?
Originally said by GIR
MassChAoS

Post by MassChAoS »

Possible... may need some extra coding. My suggestion for inside the crater was to give the possibility of tunnels in the walls of the crater. If in fact it was a deep crater like I have in my mind.
Gasman
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Gasman »

HMMM...I was wondering if you did put those tunnels, if they could have closed doors on them and when you tried to enter the door from down in the crater they would have lava pour out and get you. But make them random so that nobody would know which door was gonna spew burning death at them. Or something along those lines. Might be a mappers nightmare to do that. :roll:
Gasman
MassChAoS

Post by MassChAoS »

Maybe a coders nightmare.
one_gundam_war

Post by one_gundam_war »

heh. yeah, we should be nicer to the coders. i have an idea, take a good coder hostage, and make him and/or her code it.
Originally said by GIR
Sir Tahngarth

Post by Sir Tahngarth »

that crater would have to be pretty deep for you to have any chance of getting your grapple off.
I slay thee in the name of Khaz Modan!