player pawn?

Discussions about Chaos mapping for the UT series.
MasterD

player pawn?

Post by MasterD »

Hi, somebody in an IRC channel told me that you guys got an idea about modding...
Well, I'm trying to do a RPG mod for UT2003 (maybe 2004 when its ready) and i can't find any information about how to make new player characters (well, not that how-to mod and animate and export stuff). I allready got my Animation and Mesh in UT as a package. But how do i get this working as a playable Pawn?
I need to write a pawn class I assume and, by the way, I allready tried to do so with the Unreal2 Runtime and it worked somehow. I can place that actor in my level and its doing its idle animation. But I don't know what to do next...
So how do i get my custom model and animation as a playable player pawn in UT2003?
TKATK
the magical link fairy

Post by TKATK »

i dunno how in Unrealed 2,i think U2 awakening is more suited for a rpg
jb

Re: player pawn?

Post by jb »

MasterD wrote:Hi, somebody in an IRC channel told me that you guys got an idea about modding...
Well, I'm trying to do a RPG mod for UT2003 (maybe 2004 when its ready) and i can't find any information about how to make new player characters (well, not that how-to mod and animate and export stuff). I allready got my Animation and Mesh in UT as a package. But how do i get this working as a playable Pawn?
I need to write a pawn class I assume and, by the way, I allready tried to do so with the Unreal2 Runtime and it worked somehow. I can place that actor in my level and its doing its idle animation. But I don't know what to do next...
So how do i get my custom model and animation as a playable player pawn in UT2003?
MasterD,

please PM me and I can give you some details.
Jb
MasterD

Post by MasterD »

Thanks for the will to help me, but somebody others allready helped me out and it looks like that we dont use Unreal for our RPG, because some things you cant do with it (like an apropriate Day/Night Change, which we need badly).
So long.
TKATK
the magical link fairy

Post by TKATK »

i think a bit modified unreal engine would do it,it just needs a bit of coding