Questions about melee weapons, Duel maps, and KOTH

Discussions about Chaos mapping for the UT series.
Hedge-o-Matic

Questions about melee weapons, Duel maps, and KOTH

Post by Hedge-o-Matic »

I'm currently making a few maps for KOTH and Duel. I put ChaosMapInfo actors in the maps. In the weapon base properties, I only see the choices of chaos swords, axes, double axes and a genaric Meleeweapons class. How do I assign daggers to a paritcular pickup in KOTH, or to the map in Duel? How do I assign a bio-rifle with 12 shots? I don't want the weapons to have 999 ammo! It's impossible to use the melee weapons, then.
jeditobe1
Inactive Chaos Team Member

Post by jeditobe1 »

to assign daggers you need to point it at MeleeDoubleDaggersPickup i beleive, it might be MeleeDualDaggersPickup.

The 999 ammo is sorta hardcoded in right now though i think :(
I make Darth Vader look like a teenage punk with a lightsaber.
jb

Post by jb »

Hedge-o-Matic,

yes we need to come up with a better solution in duel with the ammo of some of the weapons. We never were able to find a good solution. Maybe having the ammo to be x1, x2 or x3 times the default amont? Not sure.

Also see the duel mapping guide above in the sticky for more info.
Jb
Hedge-o-Matic

Post by Hedge-o-Matic »

I did see the guide. These are all the chaos entries I can find on the dropdown list:

ChaosMeleeWeapon
ChaosWeapon
Claw
Claw2Laser
CUTSRgun
Grapple
MeleeAxe
MeleeDoubleAxe
MeleeSword
TurretLauncher (hmmm... not implemented, I guess...)

How do I specify the Katana, or the Bastard Sword? Daggers? Is there a way to get the other weapons onto this list, such as opening various chaos packages in the editor, and so on?

Also, the idea of having x1, x2, x3 ammo might be a good solution, if no fine-resolution fix is possible.
FurrySound

Post by FurrySound »

Yeah, the turret isn't finished yet :D
FurrySound{TOC}
-The sun never sets on the Chaotic Dreams Empire
jeditobe1
Inactive Chaos Team Member

Post by jeditobe1 »

all the weapons are contained in the ChaosUT.u package, but i think they should be showing up on the list. All the melee weapons have a ChaosUT.Melee* prefix i think, like ChaosUT.MeleeKatana is the katana sword.
I make Darth Vader look like a teenage punk with a lightsaber.
Shuri
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Shuri »

Open ChaosUT.u in the Actor Class Browser.
Hedge-o-Matic

Post by Hedge-o-Matic »

ChaosUT... Duh! the only Chaos class I didn't open! Thanks! Got it!
Shadowstar
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Shadowstar »

Yeah I made that mistake too when I started my first melee-Duel map (I think it was Arena), I had loaded all the Chaos actors but overlooked the ChaosUT package somehow. Course I had started it long before the "finalized" melee system was in, with the new weapons, like katana, daggers, etc., so I was even more confused than you at the time. ;) Back then there was just a sword and axe and they were in different classes and didn't really work... heh
FurrySound

Post by FurrySound »

Not to mention they looked like the minigun and the AP :roll:
FurrySound{TOC}
-The sun never sets on the Chaotic Dreams Empire
Hedge-o-Matic

Post by Hedge-o-Matic »

Okay, now that I've got melee weapons in my KOTH map:

Everyone still spawns with AR and Shieldgun, making bots never use them

and

The weapon pickups appear huge on the bases. Like, x10. I guess there's a display setting somewhere on the base. I'll look.

Is there any way, perhaps in the new release, to force players to spawn without these items as a setting in the game? Or to define new Chaos default weapons? Like a melee weapon of choice and the to-be-detirmined AR replacement, for example? Or just a melee weapon? This would make maps play like they are intended. Or perhaps a per-map setting using the ChaosMapInfo actor? This would most likely be the easiest way to do things.
Hedge-o-Matic

Post by Hedge-o-Matic »

Okay, I've got another KOTH map cooking, this time with numerous hills. How do I get them to cycle? Does the game do it automatically? If a map has 2+ hills, and the rules say not to cycle, I would think the game chooses the hill set to "Initial Hill" would be chosen, but apparently not. Any advice?