Defilus' Previous Maps and Upcoming maps

Discussions about Chaos mapping for the UT series.
Defilus

Defilus' Previous Maps and Upcoming maps

Post by Defilus »

Hello everyone!

I know its been a really long time since i've posted here or put any finished works up, but there is, of course, a reason.

The holiday seasons (and my sunday Jan 11 birthday included) have taken their toll on me, but im working on getting my focous back into UT2k3.

As for finished maps, putting them up is hard now. I need to find some webspace (geocities has more than made me po'ed...) so that might take a while. I will upload all my maps that are finished to Geocities when i have the time.

Enough about the past, now on to the future.

Mapping for me is going to be rough. My girlfriend and I have decided to do what we've been wanting to do for a while; Starting a band. We're in the process of getting people together, but what all this means is less time for mapping. I'm trying to do all my mapping now, but i need the community's help.

I want to make the best map i have ever made in my entire career. This will, of course take lots and lots of time, help, and advice but I want to get it done. I dont just want one person's ideas and help, but i would like everyone's feedback and advice.

Here are the first two things that need to get fleshed out:

1) What kind of theme? What do people want to see in CHAOS?
2) What kind of map? What is the most popular gameplay style right now? What do people want?

I know this is a long post, but im trying to mnake this a REALLY good map... something people will want to play for a very long time. One person's ideas aren't enough to keep a single map going, but the opinions of an entire community are what make a great map.

Help me or dont help me, its your choice, but the more help i get, the better the turnout will be. My only warning is that I'm stiull a bit of a newbie mapmaker, which is only more reason for people to try and help me (or get realy fed up with me :P )

So far you guys have been a great help in my previous projects. I've observed a few different conversations and threads that have really helped me out, but this is the big one. My dedication for this map will be the greatest of any map i have ever worked on.

So pelase, as a fellow CHAOS player, i ask for your help.

-Defilus
"The most wasted chunk of flesh is your own."
-Anonymous
FurrySound

Post by FurrySound »

ChaosCTF.

But being somewhat of a noobie... DM or Invasion would be nice.

Good luck with the band!
FurrySound{TOC}
-The sun never sets on the Chaotic Dreams Empire
Defilus

Post by Defilus »

thanks! :D

CTF sounds fun, but what kind of setting should it be? Perhaps i should have been clearer? Theme as in Medieveal, Futuristic, etc.
-Anonymous
FurrySound

Post by FurrySound »

Medieval would be great!! Especially with Melee weapons coming to all gametypes in our next release :D
FurrySound{TOC}
-The sun never sets on the Chaotic Dreams Empire
gamer119

Post by gamer119 »

IMO, any theme would work. But to make your map noticed, make sure you have alot of unique traps.
Hammerman

Post by Hammerman »

How about a Samurai or Ninja style training camp. Could have lots of japanese architecture, decorations, plantlife and trees. Could be just the courtyard between the buildings for a Duel map, or have interiors and paths around the buildings for a larger DM map.
---Hamm---
"If you build it.....they will come."---Field of Dreams
TKATK
the magical link fairy

Post by TKATK »

Theese are duel

1.a dojo
2.medieval barracks
3.medieval house
4.a modernhouse
5.a tomb wich is trapped every 4 steps(that would be my fav)

chaosctf when PR3 is released
Last edited by TKATK on Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hammerman

Post by Hammerman »

8) Midieval CTF. Theme=Castle under seige. Flag base 1 in a partially destroyed castle surrounded by a moat with drawbridges (possibly triggered to lower when the chains holding them up are shot or destroyed). Flag base 2 in the attacking teams encampment sorrounded by trenches, battering rams and catapults, oh my!
---Hamm---
"If you build it.....they will come."---Field of Dreams
Defilus

Post by Defilus »

I downloaded the demo for HeXen II recently and i have some killer new ideas now (with castles and such)
I need to know a good pack to use though for the castle tex's.
-Anonymous