Prison

Discussions about Chaos mapping for the UT series.
ChaosJester

Prison

Post by ChaosJester »

I don't have the skills to make this myself but I have an idea for a 2004 Assault map. I wuld like to do a prison like that in the original Unreal storyline [reminisce] where the idea is an escape from the prison... yes it is way back...[/reminisce] but the entire thing is underwater and the water would be rising. Since the air pocket gets samller I want a movable spawnpoint... yes this may be impossible... on a raft or something. Could other time based effects be included like opening and closing paths? If someone is willing to help please send a private message to me. This would probably be a map intended for ChaosUT2... This may also be a DM map.
jb

Post by jb »

sounds pretty cool. I remember that failed gametype CS that had escape that sounds simular...fun stuff.
Jb
TKATK
the magical link fairy

Post by TKATK »

and i remember a UT map named as-jailbreak

good,not too graphically impressive,hard to win(good o'l days,Crossbows and bullet time....)

well,it seems like a good idea if you wont make it too turret filled
ChaosJester

Post by ChaosJester »

No, personally, the only superweap or turret would be a grav vortex just to screw with players in odd places. I don't want it to be too filled with too many narrow corridors because in my opinion they screw with the flow of many team based maps thus a redeemer or turret would be overkill, but a painter or vortex would be ideal for certain parts of the map as it currently is in my head. It would be multi-level so Z-action would be critical to winning in open areas.
Jingle, jingle, boom. Oops, you're dead.
That sucks cause I wanted to play....
But let the show go on!
ChaosJester

Post by ChaosJester »

Now that 2004 is out, I'll see about how to do the map, but it will be difficult as 1) I currently can't get 2004, and 2) I can't use unrealed cause my computer wants to lock up whenever I try to do anything beyond the lowest graphics settings :cry: so help would be very much appreciated I would post a level by level map of the thing so I can show the idea in my head as it is but I have no way of getting images hosted w/o serious help.
(stuck)
Jingle, jingle, boom. Oops, you're dead.
That sucks cause I wanted to play....
But let the show go on!