New MK2-Tower Duel Melee Map...

Discussions about Chaos mapping for the UT series.
BIGFOOT_PI

New MK2-Tower Duel Melee Map...

Post by BIGFOOT_PI »

Here is my new MK2-Tower Duel Melee Map...
No big whoop. Download, play it, and give feedback. Hope it doesn't suck :)
Note- I believe this requires you to have the epic bonus pack installed.

Link:

http://www.peterissa.com/files/Duel-MK2-Tower.zip

Extract to your UT2003 folder- all the folder structure is saved in the zip file, so no need to mess around with putting each file where it goes one by one.. just say yes to copy anyway, etc.

Pics:

And finally- the disclaimer:
I take no responsibilty if your computer magicaly blows up or ut2003 deletes itself, or anything else.
All MortalKombat(tm) media- including sounds, graphics, music, names and logos are the property of MIDWAY MANUFACTURING.
BOOM!!!

MK (and stuff) Web page: http://www.peterissa.com/mkut.html
UNREAL KOMBAT© web page: http://www.peterissa.com/mkut-uk.html
jb

Post by jb »

Looks awesome! I am in the middle of UT2k4 conversion so I have to wait till we get Chaos working before I can try it (as I dont have UT2k3 anymore). But nice work!
Jb
BIGFOOT_PI

Post by BIGFOOT_PI »

thanks- Ill be doing the same when my ut2k4 copy shows up by UPS today. Im hoping there will be some new unrealed and/or engine features I can utilize :).
BOOM!!!

|GoD|Plaguelord|LDR|

Post by |GoD|Plaguelord|LDR| »

Once again Pi you made a truely beautiful MK map in UT :twisted: Oh I also wanted you ask for you opinion about MK: Deception or also known as MK6 and what do you think of it?

(wee) *100th post YAY!!!* (wee)
Last edited by |GoD|Plaguelord|LDR| on Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
|GoD| clan co-leader
SK Online Community Coordinator
Visit the Temple of the |GoD|s
jeditobe1
Inactive Chaos Team Member

Post by jeditobe1 »

the preview i read of MK6 sounded interesting, but i think some of the die hard fans will be on a love-hate relationship. DA and now Deception will have changed the action and gameplay quite considerably, and while it could be argued that it now takes some more skill, i worry about the stage fatalities (weapons are cool imo.. instant fatalities at any point in a match are not...).

The hari-kari option is an interesting twist =)
I make Darth Vader look like a teenage punk with a lightsaber.
|GoD|Plaguelord|LDR|

Yes I too believe that the hari-kari option will very interesting, also I luv the fact that it takes more "skill" to play MK now-a-days I always h8ed it when some punk that never played it b4 whoops me because all they do is press all the buttons as quickly as they can after I've spent hours training :evil:

The stage fatality I saw at the end of the trailer on Gamespot looks to be very nice 'n' bloody because that was a major problem for me in MK: DA that they didn't have any stage fatalities, but now they're back... and each character is going to have at lease 2 fatalities each...

Oops, I think this post belongs in the "Off-Topic" section :oops: lol
|GoD| clan co-leader
BIGFOOT_PI

Post by BIGFOOT_PI »

oh well- I dont mind a little thread hijacking as long as it interests me :).
ANyway- only things I dont like are the cheesey red and green outlined areas on the stage floors to show WHERE you can do a stage fatality and the other colored square is for something else - i forgot. I think people are intelligent enough to figure where to do stage fatalities from without a bright red box painted on the floor... THATS REALLY CHEESEY!. BOOOO!
On a ut note- I'm still waiting for new chaosut2k4 so I can resume my mapping... but this has also been a good break for me so I dont feel guilty for not mapping :).
Played alot of ut2004- but retail seems to not play like the demo - i LOVED the demo- movement and weapon firing was just the way I liked it... something changed in the retail that makes it so I now suck ass... damnit.

ps- My brother got an xbox and I bought MKDA for him a few months ago.. so I finally got to play it. The stages are magnificent, the fighters are "ok", but for some reason I do not feel any addictive notions playing it at all- even against others... guess nothing will ever re-capture the feeling of MK2
Whole time I played MKDA I was mostly looking at the stages and mentally plotting how I would design them for UT2k4 :)... UnrealED HAS RUINED ME! :)
BOOM!!!

jeditobe1

Post by jeditobe1 »

I loved MKDA, since ive always had an eye for exotic martial arts, even if i dont have the time or patience to study them in depth. It also added a lot more depth in terms of learning the characters rather than having 16 characters with the exact same punches/kicks and only a couple different special attacks to seperate them (well, ok, its not been like that since MK2, but i hated MK3's combo system and MK4 was a rather weak attempt to transform to 3d to me)
|GoD|Plaguelord|LDR|

Did anyone else notice that the blood "drops" in MK4 were about the size of half the character's body :?:

Yes MK4 was a very weak attempt at going 3D, but it did have its moments at the arcade :wink:

MK: DA was a fantastic twist on a classic game IMO, but I was a bit upset that character's didn't have that many special moves, only 1 fatality per-character *Quan Chi has the worst 1 in history*, no stage fatalities *those have been around just as long as MK has*, and the 'lil popcorn looking things that popped out of the body during a fatality *I mean what the hell was that!?*

MK: Deception looks like it'll be great and it also caught my eye by showing that Baraka and Kabal are back :twisted:. More fatalities per-character, stage fatalities are back, finally a NEW boss *Dragon King aka Reptile*, more indepth fighting system, breakable areas, clothes rip after taking damage *was promised during MK: DA but never showed up*, rumors say that every character that was been in any MK game will make an appearance in the upgraded Konquest mode... also did I say that Baraka and Kabal are back!!!

I'm just worried that I might have to buy my PS2 back from my 'lil brother because the way it looks now they might not bring it out on the Gamecube :(
|GoD| clan co-leader
jeditobe1

Post by jeditobe1 »

Seeing how i hate the PS2 controller, heres hoping to a gamecube release as well
BIGFOOT_PI

Post by BIGFOOT_PI »

jeditobe1 wrote:Seeing how i hate the PS2 controller, heres hoping to a gamecube release as well
Don't they make converters to use controllers cross platform? (assuming you own both a GC and a ps2)
BOOM!!!

jeditobe1

Post by jeditobe1 »

I own both, but they are both 500+ miles away from me right now.

However, gamecude controller has fewer buttons than PS2, so not sure if it would convert well, oh well, something to look into.
|GoD|Plaguelord|LDR|

BIGFOOT_PI wrote:Don't they make converters to use controllers cross platform? (assuming you own both a GC and a ps2)
Yes they do I own 2 of them and they allow me to use the PS2 controllers on my GC, but I have yet to see one so you can use the GC controllers on the PS2... would be nice though
|GoD| clan co-leader