Community Built Maps

Discussions about Chaos mapping for the UT series.
FurrySound

Community Built Maps

Post by FurrySound »

If you'd like to post comments, please create a new topic with your comments/suggestions/etc, thanks.

Phantasma submitted:

(Edited by RFlagg: Phantasma submitted work to FurrySound, that I have come to believe is not his own, and I don't think he owned up to it with Furry. Unless he can come forward and show that he has permission to do so, links removed.)

Cenobite submitted:

http://www.chaoticdreams.org/ce/Communi ... hgrind.zip

http://www.chaoticdreams.org/ce/Communi ... rindXL.zip
FurrySound{TOC}
-The sun never sets on the Chaotic Dreams Empire
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Forgive the reply in a locked thread Mr. FurrySound, however:

Just as FYI, and as a means of protecting ourselves: it should be known that I have played Gladiator before, back in UT99:

And even in the map itself, the author is listed as Saboteur, from TeamUT.com.

His site lists only a DM remake of this map in UT2004, not a Duel version.

I have currently started a registration at their forums, and soon will post a question about this map (or email perhaps). If it is not by the author, we will remove it at his request. Or if we cannot confirm it's by him, we should probably still remove it.

If we can confirm Gladiator was not by the guy who sent it to you Furry, we prolly ought to remove the other one as well.

-----Update!------------

EDIT: FurrySound, I now believe (even before contacting Saboteur), that neither one of those maps were by the guy who gave them to you, and there is no indication yet he had permission to do so with either of them.

And what's worse, Gladiator was submitted w/o the original readme, giving credit to actual author. At least he left the readme for the other intact, showing it's not his work.

From the actual DM-Gladiator readme:
Steve Manning (BT|Saboteur) wrote: Thanks to Rich Davis (bliss7), the author of the original DM-Gladiator, for his permission and support.

Legal/Copyright stuff
DM-Gladiator is free to distribute, just as long as I'm credited.
And of course, he was not credited. My suggestion sir, is not to take any more submissions from this Phantasma gentlemen, until he can show that this is all aboveboard.
FurrySound

Post by FurrySound »

I've spoken with Phantasma about these maps and I misunderstood who made them and that he was looking for initial feedback as to whether they were worth pursuing and contacting the authors. He is trying to contact the authors for permission at this time.
FurrySound{TOC}
-The sun never sets on the Chaotic Dreams Empire