LAN game problems...

Discussions about Chaos mapping for the UT series.
Southern Boy

LAN game problems...

Post by Southern Boy »

Here at work we are using UT2004 and can't get the newest Chaos to work like it did with 2003. We all loaded the UMod for Chaos and the UMod for the Chaos patch. Each idividual machine works fine, but the problem is when we start a LAN game, the only person that can see the Choas weapons and grap. hook is the server.

What have we done wrong :?: :?: :?:

Thanks for any and all help!

Kris
jeditobe1
Inactive Chaos Team Member

Post by jeditobe1 »

sounds like the ini file the server is using is missing the serverpackages lines.

ServerPackages=ChaosGames
ServerPackages=ChaosUT

no spaces at the end of the lines, and in that order. Just stick it onto the end of the ini file section that has the other serverpackages.
I make Darth Vader look like a teenage punk with a lightsaber.
TKATK
the magical link fairy

Re: LAN game problems...

Post by TKATK »

Southern Boy wrote:Here at work
the joy of slacking off :?:
jb

Post by jb »

TKATK wrote:
Southern Boy wrote:Here at work
the joy of slacking off :?:

Maybe, but they could be trying to test mods for reviews. Large companies like Gamespy, ect will have a bunch of people just play games all day to write reviews....
Jb
Dark_Pulse

Post by Dark_Pulse »

jb wrote: Maybe, but they could be trying to test mods for reviews. Large companies like Gamespy, ect will have a bunch of people just play games all day to write reviews....
Those lucky sons of bitches. Dream Job ;_;
jb

Post by jb »

Dark_Pulse wrote:
jb wrote: Maybe, but they could be trying to test mods for reviews. Large companies like Gamespy, ect will have a bunch of people just play games all day to write reviews....
Yeap. However I can not see it paying "That" well. Of course its all realitive :)
Jb
Zachariah
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Zachariah »

sure it pays well. as long as you collect payoffs from game companies in return for Good reviews :)
TKATK
the magical link fairy

Post by TKATK »

any job where you play exclusive game alphas,beta's is goooood
Mick

Post by Mick »

jb wrote:
Dark_Pulse wrote:
Yeap. However I can not see it paying "That" well. Of course its all realitive :)
I want that job! Who cares what you get payed, you'd be doing what you normally do in your free time, at work! :) I wonder what qualifications you need...
Reality is that part of imagination we all agree on.
Zachariah
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Zachariah »

Hands. and eyes. . .
TKATK
the magical link fairy

Post by TKATK »

Mick wrote:
jb wrote:
Dark_Pulse wrote: Those lucky sons of bitches. Dream Job ;_;
I want that job! Who cares what you get payed, you'd be doing what you normally do in your free time, at work! :) I wonder what qualifications you need...
i guess

ability to play for long amounts of time
near the employment space
taste for fast food
Southern Boy

We do slack a little...

Post by Southern Boy »

"Here at work" is at a n Civil Engineering firm. I only wish I could get paid to play even for an hour at lunch. For about the last four years, it has become a daily obsession of about 10 of us to meet on the cyber battle field and kick each other's rear.

Our favorite and now the only MOD we use is Choas. We have all migrated to 2004 and have been having serious withdrawals playing without our CHOAS!!!!!
jb

Post by jb »

Southern Boy,

while thats cool and all, I wanted to know, did you get it to work?

:)
Jb
Shadowstar
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Shadowstar »

TKATK wrote:any job where you play exclusive game alphas,beta's is goooood
Maybe, but I don't like beta testing. When I play games, I like it to be in my free time, away from work, so that I can fully enjoy the game. If it IS work, then it's not so enjoyable anymore, because its all I ever do. After all, if all you do all day is play games, you end up losing the distinction between work and fun. I also don't like to play betas because they don't work perfectly, and I may "play out" the game in its beta state and then not want to play it after its finished because im already tired of it, and then I miss the finished product as a result of that.

I prefer to have a job that I love doing, but that doesn't focus on playing games all day. That way I can still enjoy playing games in my free time. That's why I like development. Making the game is very different from playing it, and creating things is fun on a whole other level, although you do end up playing the game as work a bit, it's not as much as if it was all you ever did, and the creative element is more than worth it. I'd be happy with my current life if I just could get more money out of it. Being a starving artist isn't all that great.
Southern Boy

YES!!!!!!

Post by Southern Boy »

jb,

Yes we did. It seems that in our inital install (ZIP), some of our files got dropped or moved to the wrong directory. In our attemps to clean up our directories for subsequent installs was incomplete. We reinstalled from scratch on everything and it works GREAT!!!!! Now we will just have to reinstall our maps and we will be cooking with gas!

Thans for all your help!!