VCTF-ThePyramid beta 1 Map I'm making for chaos

Discussions about Chaos mapping for the UT series.
dark_rusty

VCTF-ThePyramid beta 1 Map I'm making for chaos

Post by dark_rusty »

Two kings, once masters of their respective empires, lay side by side intombed inside the monument that was built in unity by both empires & end the turmoil that took both thier lives. Now competitors in the tournament relive that turmoil on these sacred grounds.

And thats the jist of it. Bots are a bit weak at the moment. They cant do anything but hang around the base. Besides that its all pretty much done.

http://www.unrealplayground.com/download.php?mapid=6640

R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Well, giddyup!

Thanks for making a Chaos VCTF map! That's very cool.

It might end up being a day or so, but I can't wait to check it out.

(up)
TKATK
the magical link fairy

Post by TKATK »

i think it needs a bit of detail,the pic looks a bit plain,will give further detail upon dl
dark_rusty

Post by dark_rusty »

I still have to add detail, most of the map is quite plain & boring at the moment.
jb

Post by jb »

Wowowow looking sharp!
Jb
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Well, crud! Has it been 4 days already?

Sorry for not giving you some feedback yet Rusty, but I'll correct that today.

BTW- while poking around, I see that you have beta 2 up now:

http://www.unrealplayground.com/maps.php?mapid=6714

Thank you very much. Chaos VCTF maps are like waay high on my list to Santa this year.
dark_rusty

Post by dark_rusty »

quite right, I did upload an updated version last night, but didnt get around to posting on the forum.

Bots have been improved. Their is more detail but still going to do with the terrain. added some laser turrets in but the jump pads to them dont have an emitter affect yet. Also added in a leviathan at the top of the pyramid. Its a modified leviathan that both teams can get into, its from the vctftoolkit which you can get here-http://blitz.unrealplayground.com/downl ... t-VCTF.zip
info here-http://forums.unrealplayground.com/arch ... hp/t-24324

I also used a few other neutral vehicles in the temples to either side of the pyramid.

http://www.unrealplayground.com/maps.php?mapid=6714

R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Hey man, really interesting idea for a map. Normally of course we see the standard 2 pyramids Face-ing each other, but here it's all in one. Something different.

Anyway, all of this is just thoughts and suggestions offered for feedback. None of it meant to be critical.

One of the things I found strange, and I'm not sure if you intended this or not, was the fact that sometimes I spawned by the other team's flag. (well, actually outside the pyramid, but on other team's side)

I'm not sure if you intended this or not either, but I can get a vehicle inside the pyramid. Didn't try the tank yet, but I was able to drive a hellbender to the other teams flag. However, you cannot get back out.

Personally, I'd vote for not allowing vehicles inside the pyramid, make tha the on foot routes only. Yes, they can be dealt with, but when you are running up one of those tunnels, a hellbender bearing down on your ass is kind of a rough day at the office.

IMO, the inner routes need more variety. More places to alter your path. As it is now, once I choose my path, I'm pretty much done (until I get to middle, then I have the two...but still very identical, paths to take. It's just a bit monotonous once you set out on foot to traverse those halls. Perhaps more stuff in there to break them up, even just visually if not actual alternate paths or something.

Maybe they could have halls that go into the interior of base, or doors that open up to the outside area of base. Maybe they could have stone blocks cracked and broken or out of place here and there.

The same might apply to outside area. Perhaps some slightly hilly areas, or an oasis, or some such. I realize you mentioned more details, so maybe I just need to wait for next beta there.

I do not have and did not see that special leviathon you mentioned.

Will try to bring you more feedback soon.

Thanks man!
dark_rusty

Post by dark_rusty »

You couldnt find it, or it didnt appear? the Leviathan is at the top of the pyramid just in case, you can see it on the last pic I posted. It doesnt matter if you dont have the toolkit, all the required stuff for the nuetral vehicles are included in the mylevel package.

I agree with you totally on the underground paths, more variations on the underground paths very good idea, I'll see what I can come up with.

I've already made large alterations to the flag room, trying to make it more freindly to vehicles.
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Sorry for not being clear. What I meant was, I do not have that mutated leviathon installed, or whatever 'toolkit' it came from.

I was still able to play the map, but I did not see a Levi on top of the pyramid.
dark_rusty

Post by dark_rusty »

I wonder why that is, from what I've read it should have been saved into teh mylevel package when I placed it in the map.

Just a question. Would it be okay for me to do a normal version of this map (changing the weapons back to normal weapons) to enter it into the Unrealplayground VCTF mapping contest?
jb

Post by jb »

I have not had time to look at your map, but maybe what you can do is use the orginal UT weapons, then since chaosctf is played with the ChaosUT mut on, our mut can swap out the weapons? That way U dont have 2 maps?
Jb
BIGFOOT_PI

Post by BIGFOOT_PI »

Is it so wrong that I want to see a Goa'uld mother ship land on that thing :)
BOOM!!!

MK (and stuff) Web page: http://www.peterissa.com/mkut.html
UNREAL KOMBAT© web page: http://www.peterissa.com/mkut-uk.html
jb

Post by jb »

BIGFOOT_PI wrote:Is it so wrong that I want to see a Goa'uld mother ship land on that thing :)
SG1-Fan Alert :)
Jb
dark_rusty

Post by dark_rusty »

jb wrote:I have not had time to look at your map, but maybe what you can do is use the orginal UT weapons, then since chaosctf is played with the ChaosUT mut on, our mut can swap out the weapons? That way U dont have 2 maps?
I can deal with that, just means the cut weapons dont have the specific ammo & stuff, but thats fine, makes my job a bit easier :)