I made a map!

Discussions about Chaos mapping for the UT series.
The_0men

I made a map!

Post by The_0men »

This is my 1st finished and non flawed and not crap map!(heh my opinion anyway;)) its a duel one, the thing is tho... when u select a map 2 play it says the author, preview etc it is blank....i want my name there and stuff :cry: i think its 2 do with the info thing in the map but im not sure.... plz help me:)

~ The 0men ~
General_Sun

Post by General_Sun »

go to actor, map info. Then fill in all the stuff.
The_0men

Post by The_0men »

Erm....hmmmmmmmm...well could u explain in a bit more detail plz :? im a bit thick :roll:

~ The 0men ~
The_0men

Post by The_0men »

Pritty plz..... i love my map and i want others to aswell, its practaly finished apart from the lvl music and filling in details, i just cant find map info under actors:/

Pritty plz with a cherry on top :P

~ The 0men ~
General_Sun

Post by General_Sun »

*gobbles up the cheery

NO!

Lol just kidding

I've located a good tutorial just for you! Don't you feel lucky? Next time do a google search..

http://www.planetunreal.com/unreal-x/tu ... elinfo.htm
FizzyB

Post by FizzyB »

import a texture you want to use for the level screenshot.
View > level info, go to level preview/description write a description and then specify the utx for the preview (make sure you compress the texture, right click on it and choose dtx5)
rebuild
save
\o/

win
The_0men

Post by The_0men »

TY! and i cant beleive u found a tutorial i havent seen on UE be4! heh i have searched hours be4 thx! i done a screenie, i would show but i dont know how to post it here. anyway ty!

~ The 0men ~
The_0men

Post by The_0men »

1 last problem be4 i can share my map..... the audio doesnt have the things that link says it has....its got musicvolumeover, playerdroppler and song. (im sorry 4 all the trouble..... im usless i know:/ but im soooooo close to finishing its just the in game music left) im stuck..... so what about a cherry and a bean ontop :wink:

~ The 0men ~
FizzyB

Post by FizzyB »

i added you to my messenger list, jump online and ill help you out
Grey_Fox

My Map (i like it but if u do is another thing

Post by Grey_Fox »

yo, this is my first map so don't laugh. it's a death match map and it is , in my opinion prity good for a first try. btw e-mail me ur opinions at lfrulz@hotmail.com. hope to here ur feedback soon.

One slite prob. I DONT NO HOW TO POST THE MAP.any help would be hot.

TA
Grey_Fox
"You play with fire, you get burned!"
Grey_Fox

Post by Grey_Fox »

One more thing. I dont no if this is the right Thread to post this on but my nxt map will be a map of my school. it'l probly b avalable some time neer chrissy.(or quicker if i can get some of my homies to help) any thoughts on this, tips, or past expereances would be*hot*. T hanks 8)
Grey_Fox
The_0men

Post by The_0men »

HEH^^ great minds think alike, i was thinking of doing ons maps on the area where i live, or do a DM map on big ben... i also thought about my school but its ****** enought there anyway heh;)

~ The 0men ~
Grey_Fox

Post by Grey_Fox »

he he he. yea having a few probs with the map. Last night I started on the field. I perfected that and than i realise that i need to add a big square for the sky and stuff. Oh well better start from scrach. :roll: . Oh and another thing can you tell me how to post my first map? thanks.
Grey_Fox
The_0men

Post by The_0men »

Or u could upload it to rythmix Rythmix's Uploader

~ The 0men ~
General_Sun

Post by General_Sun »

Or you can email it to me and I'll pimp it.

Email: onceuponatimeya@yahoo.com
High Council member of The Generals