MELEE ANIM HELP!!

Discussions about Chaos mapping for the UT series.
neolith
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by neolith »

Nice model! I am not a spawn fan, but you pulled off something cool there.

The standard bones and animations are available on fileplanet, somwhere in the UT section. Don't use the search button, it doesn't find it. Sorry, I don't have the link anymore...

Try to move around some vertices in max before you link the bones. When LoQ and I were creating the first models for CUT, I did that with the Kaja model, which originally had its own bone system (including extra bones for the boobies that are now gone... :(). It worked out ok for most of the poses, but editing a robot for it should be easier due to missing deformations.
LoQtUS wrote:Neo, I was hoping that the size and proportions of the model were somewhat close to the standard, and thinking that we could rename the bones in the skelly to match, and then tweak the strech/compressed areas until it look somewhat normal. All the work would be on the skelly not the anims.
Yes, I think it might be possible to do that, too. My post was not crits on what you wrote, but my thoughts on what EPIC messed up with their bone system.
–The biggest trick the devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he didn't exist.–
Gen_Identikal
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Gen_Identikal »

neolith wrote:Nice model! I am not a spawn fan, but you pulled off something cool there...
I did that with the Kaja model, which originally had its own bone system (including extra bones for the boobies that are now gone... :(). It worked out ok for most of the poses, but editing a robot for it should be easier due to missing deformations.
Ty for the compliment :wink: And Kaja is really cool! Nice job on the body...real smooth curves :D it loox pro compared to those ladychaos models...ergh :twisted:
TKATK
the magical link fairy

Post by TKATK »

Gen_Identikal wrote:
neolith wrote:Nice model! I am not a spawn fan, but you pulled off something cool there...
I did that with the Kaja model, which originally had its own bone system (including extra bones for the boobies that are now gone... :(). It worked out ok for most of the poses, but editing a robot for it should be easier due to missing deformations.
Ty for the compliment :wink: And Kaja is really cool! Nice job on the body...real smooth curves :D it loox pro compared to those ladychaos models...ergh :twisted:
I kinda second that....i just deleted ladychaos.upl so i cant say for sure anymore :wink:
LoQtUS

Post by LoQtUS »

[quote="Gen_Identikal]compared to those ladychaos models...ergh :twisted:[/quote]

Wooot!!! Insult me. thats exactly the way to get me to help you.

/me Shakes head. Figure it out on your own.
The Dark Side of Chaos.
General_Sun

Post by General_Sun »

I think that he was complimenting Neo rather than insulting you... Give him a second chance will ya?
High Council member of The Generals
Gen_Identikal
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Gen_Identikal »

Ow seriously i wasnt meant to offend ne1. Hey sorry Loqtus man :cry:
Gen_Identikal
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Gen_Identikal »

i managed to finish the model 8)
heres some pics
neolith
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by neolith »

Nice model, thumbs up! :)

Don't the lower legs intersect the upper legs when running?
–The biggest trick the devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he didn't exist.–
Zachariah
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Zachariah »

Spiffy :) the Red Armplates Remind me of King Koopa though :)
Gen_Identikal
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Gen_Identikal »

Pepito wrote:Spiffy :) the Red Armplates Remind me of King Koopa though :)
doesnt it look like the gauntlet and the shoulderpads on spawn?? :cry:
Gen_Identikal
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Gen_Identikal »

oh yeah i got 1 problem with the model which is really bugging the **** out of me. My model has 5 textures applied onto it as opposed to the 2 body and head. The other 3 textures are mostly stuff that dont need changing etc. the wires, spikes etc. However i have absolutely no control of the texture orders wen i export them from 3ds max 8O it only works wen theres 2 textures, the 1st ones the body and the 2nd one is the face.

When it gets over 3 stuff get crazy, eg the wire texture appears first, and i have tried messing around with material ids of the polygons but nothing works :cry:

If sum1 has an answer please help me on this :cry: :(
neolith
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by neolith »

Gen_Identikal wrote:If sum1 has an answer please help me on this :cry: :(
Blame EPIC. Only two textures are allowed per model. There is no way to cheat this. It really bugs me, too...
Zachariah
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Zachariah »

Gen_Identikal wrote:
It does , but there are Several Versions of Spawn , and it depends on which Design you prefer the most. my most remembered Vision of Spawn was the Oldskool One that had the Red Armor on one hand and one leg.

On the other hand , The rounded Shape and the Placing of the spikes and their size/shape looks alot like the Shell of that oh so Infamous Mario Villain , at least to me.

Either way , I love the style and definately look forward to adding this Model to my roster. . .

Provided there will be Teamskins . . . There will be teamskins , right? 8O

hehe
Gen_Identikal
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Gen_Identikal »

neolith wrote:
Gen_Identikal wrote:If sum1 has an answer please help me on this :cry: :(
Blame EPIC. Only two textures are allowed per model. There is no way to cheat this. It really bugs me, too...
The Xan/Axon model has 3 textures 8O 8O 8O. My model does have 5 textures its just that theyre not in the order i want them. :(
Gen_Identikal
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Gen_Identikal »

Pepito wrote:
Gen_Identikal wrote:
It does , but there are Several Versions of Spawn , and it depends on which Design you prefer the most. my most remembered Vision of Spawn was the Oldskool One that had the Red Armor on one hand and one leg.

On the other hand , The rounded Shape and the Placing of the spikes and their size/shape looks alot like the Shell of that oh so Infamous Mario Villain , at least to me.

Either way , I love the style and definately look forward to adding this Model to my roster. . .

Provided there will be Teamskins . . . There will be teamskins , right? 8O

hehe
If i figure out how to get those 5 skins to work properly, otherwise i'll have to compress everyfin down to 2 skins...and either way...yes 8)