First Duel map - Duel-Boneyard

Discussions about Chaos mapping for the UT series.
GB

First Duel map - Duel-Boneyard

Post by GB »

hi all,

just finished my first map to an acceptable level - its based on a desert mass grave used by huge land beasts similar to elephants....

just wondering if u guys knew any good websites to post this up on?
do the guys at choatic dreams upload levels - just checked out their site and the only downloads seem to be patches. Also, is there any good, free ZIP prgrams so i can send this - its a bit bigger than my max send limit on hotmail....

theres a screenie to see what u think. The skeleton itself is not actually that high a poly, but im cack at textureing so i had to make it higher to shadow detail would do it for me as such. Mostly designed for melee games, but i have put in some projectile weapons (better just using your own mutator/arena mut for thsi level). Thanks all,

feel free to express any suggestions or ideas . thanks.
"All i know is my gut says maybe"
TKATK
the magical link fairy

Post by TKATK »

better than desertgrave or whatever it was :o

quite nice actually
GB

Post by GB »

wow, thanks. I was quite chuffed with the skeletons. Not prefect, but hey.

Didnt realise how similar an idea this was to desert grave - i didnt bother to play this level, cos as a rule i generally dont play bteas with no screenshots (thought it was unfair to see map unfinished...).
jb

Post by jb »

venalanatomica wrote: Didnt realise how similar an idea this was to desert grave - i didnt bother to play this level, cos as a rule i generally dont play bteas with no screenshots (thought it was unfair to see map unfinished...).
venalanatomica,

thanks for the effort. It looks very nice. Send a PM to Furrysound and he can help hosting this map when its ready. DesertGrave is completly done. There was a bad UCL that does not show the map image and gives the wrong version name (with beta in it). The last two versions sould have fixed this. If you still see it let me know and we can upload the correct UCL (or just remove your current one):

http://www.chaoticdreams.org/ce/jb/DG.jpg

Let us know what we can do to help. And thanks for the map. More please!
Jb
GB

Post by GB »

thanks for the interest all, im just glad that this time i have actually finished a map, let alone get some sound comments. Im just finishing the readme file, so i'll post soon.

As for the UCL, i'll get the latest version and see what happens from there. Hopefully this will enable all the extras i havent seen yet (rakes of the levels dont appear yet...)

Cool. Thanks a lot.

Edit: i just looked on the Chaotic dreams site - seems i have the latest version already. Its odd, cos i dont have the option to have split veng effects and lots of other extras i havent seen yet. ill just w8 for the next patch and see if that opens up all the newer stuff.
jb

Post by jb »

venalanatomica,

start chaos, got to an on-line game. In the top right hand corner of our new box there will be the current version info. What PR number do you see? The current site on PU is old and not working right. The newest version if PR3.6
Jb
GB

Post by GB »

ah i see. Im running version 3.5 - i thought this was the newest version., but i see there was problems on your site so thats probably why i didnt see the new patch..

im gonna go get v3.6 - this should help in the whole levels not appearing thing...

thanks for your help

*started work on new Duel map - Polaris, a harsh arctic landscape in the middle of winter, with detailed organic looking iceflows and sinister shadowy icey things. This map will be released soon, cos all the statics were made ages ago by me for a test ONS level that was never finished.
jb

Post by jb »

Cool.... more maps = a good thing!
Jb
GB

Post by GB »

AHHHHH!

just installed the new 3339 patch - works fine. Just installed v3.6 of Chaos, i get this:

UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2004-11-11_10.48]

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 2089 MHz with 1535MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 (5672)

General protection fault!

History: CheckTag <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- CheckTag <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- CheckTag <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- CheckTag <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- CheckTag <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- CheckTag <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- CheckTag <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- CheckTag <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- CheckTag <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- CheckTag <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- CheckTag <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- CheckTag <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- UObject::StaticAllocateObject <- (Package MercJapLight) <- UObject::StaticConstructObject <- ULinkerLoad::CreateExport <- (MercJapLight 29162143) <- IndexToObject <- ULinkerLoad::CreateExport <- (mjlpic 29162143) <- ULinkerLoad::Create <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Engine.Material U2Soldiertex.MercJapLight.mjlpic NULL) <- CacheParseLine::Players <- UxUtil::CacheLoad <- UxUtil::CacheGet <- UxUtil::execGetPlayerRecord <- (ChaosGUI_UT2K4GUIController Package.ChaosGUI_UT2K4GUIController @ Function XInterface.GUIController.PrecachePlayerRecords : 0013) <- UObject::execClassContext <- (ChaosGUI_UT2K4GUIController Package.ChaosGUI_UT2K4GUIController @ Function XInterface.GUIController.PrecachePlayerRecords : 0013) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (ChaosGUI_UT2K4GUIController Package.ChaosGUI_UT2K4GUIController, Function XInterface.GUIController.InitializeController) <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

i followed the instructions on the zip file readme, like deleting the chaosuser file and such. altho, i have just thought of something. i was using the sma eshortcut for v3.5. ill make a new one and post if i have any success....if not, help?

EDIT: im just downloading the full 3.6 chaos ut umod, and ill start again from scratch and see if this works.
jb

Post by jb »

You need the ECE bonus pack as well :)
Jb
GB

Post by GB »

yeah, i got that aswell -

ive just went through my ut folder and deleted a folder of a skin pack i got called unreal2soldier, that ismentioned in the error msg. Now, its giving me this error:

UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2004-11-11_10.48]

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 2082 MHz with 1535MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 (5672)

General protection fault!

History: CheckTag <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- CheckTag <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- CheckTag <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- CheckTag <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- CheckTag <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- CheckTag <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- CheckTag <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- UObject::StaticAllocateObject <- (Package New) <- UObject::StaticConstructObject <- ULinkerLoad::CreateExport <- (New 50436639) <- IndexToObject <- ULinkerLoad::CreateExport <- (skaarjpic 50436639) <- ULinkerLoad::Create <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Engine.Material U2Skaarjtex.New.skaarjpic NULL) <- CacheParseLine::Players <- UxUtil::CacheLoad <- UxUtil::CacheGet <- UxUtil::execGetPlayerRecord <- (ChaosGUI_UT2K4GUIController Package.ChaosGUI_UT2K4GUIController @ Function XInterface.GUIController.PrecachePlayerRecords : 0013) <- UObject::execClassContext <- (ChaosGUI_UT2K4GUIController Package.ChaosGUI_UT2K4GUIController @ Function XInterface.GUIController.PrecachePlayerRecords : 0013) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (ChaosGUI_UT2K4GUIController Package.ChaosGUI_UT2K4GUIController, Function XInterface.GUIController.InitializeController) <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

seems that it is just not accepting any of my previously installed mods - this one is mentioning skaarj pack models and texts from a pack called u2skaarj. Am i going to have to delete all my custom mods and stuff to play chaos? or is there a way round this?
jb

Post by jb »

cut and paste the insides of your chaosut2.log file...that has the info we need...
Jb
GB

Post by GB »

it says this:

Log: The file '../System/U2Skaarj.upl' contains unrecognizable data
Critical: CheckTag
Critical: LoadSummary
Critical: ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad
Warning: Failed to load 'U2Skaarj': Aborted
Warning: Failed to load 'Class U2Skaarj.SPECIES_U2Skaarj': Aborted
Warning: Aborted
Log: Aborted
Log: The file '../System/U2Skaarj.upl' contains unrecognizable data
Critical: CheckTag
Critical: LoadSummary
Critical: ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad
Warning: Failed to load 'U2Skaarj': Aborted
Warning: Failed to load 'Class U2Skaarj.SPECIES_SkaarjB': Aborted
Warning: Aborted
Log: Aborted

so i presume its because of that files set - but the thing is, is was doing the same with another mod i had until i deleted it - i dont really want to delete all my mods so i can run Chaos.

theres also this huge chunk of critical bits that im not so sure about:

Critical: Error reentered: Assertion failed: GObjAvailable.Num() && GObjAvailable.Last()==Index [File:.\UnObj.cpp] [Line: 4827]
Critical: UObject::StaticAllocateObject
Critical: (Package New)
Critical: UObject::StaticConstructObject
Critical: ULinkerLoad::CreateExport
Critical: (New 50436639)
Critical: IndexToObject
Critical: ULinkerLoad::CreateExport
Critical: (skaarjpic 50436639)
Critical: ULinkerLoad::Create
Critical: UObject::StaticLoadObject
Critical: (Engine.Material U2Skaarjtex.New.skaarjpic NULL)
Critical: CacheParseLine::Players
Critical: UxUtil::CacheLoad
Critical: UxUtil::CacheGet
Critical: UxUtil::execGetPlayerRecord
Critical: (ChaosGUI_UT2K4GUIController Package.ChaosGUI_UT2K4GUIController @ Function XInterface.GUIController.PrecachePlayerRecords : 0013)
Critical: UObject::execClassContext
Critical: (ChaosGUI_UT2K4GUIController Package.ChaosGUI_UT2K4GUIController @ Function XInterface.GUIController.PrecachePlayerRecords : 0013)
Critical: UObject::ProcessEvent
Critical: (ChaosGUI_UT2K4GUIController Package.ChaosGUI_UT2K4GUIController, Function XInterface.GUIController.InitializeController)
Critical: UGameEngine::Init
Critical: InitEngine
Critical: FMallocWindows::Free
Critical: FMallocWindows::Free
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Exit: Executing UWindowsClient::ShutdownAfterError
Exit: Double fault in object ShutdownAfterError
Localization: No localization: Window.IDDIALOG_CrashBox.IDC_CrashBox (int)
Exit: Exiting.

srry about huge pastes, but thats pretty much what the log file says.
jb

Post by jb »

Try renaming this one:

System/U2Skaarj.upl to see if that fixes it.
Jb
GB

Post by GB »

you sir, are truly an excellent individual. Thanks, it totally worked after that. Cheers! i can finally try HH!!!!