aerial team vKOTH map...

Discussions about Chaos mapping for the UT series.
GB

aerial team vKOTH map...

Post by GB »

hmmn...i just had an idea that ive started....dunno if its all feasible tho

if its possible, could the turrets out of other gametypes be converted to run on vKOTH? like the minigun turret or laser cannon out of ONS?

i'd like to do a koth map in which the hill is a heavily armoured bunker, on a sort of pillar - the twist is it cannot be attacked quickly on foot, and an aerial vehicle is of preference. The bunker itself is not the hill, only the roof of it, meaning that covert attacks can be launched from inside the bunker by either team, or the direct aerial assualt can be tried.

Its a bit hard to explain, but just imagine a bunker on a big concrete base, with an underground entrance to it, and a landing base on its roof (the hill). its up to the player to decide which route, and means to take, be it on foot or in a flying vehicle.

It would be well handy to get the minigun turrets to work here to shoot down those annoying raptors.

Also for the coders; is it possible to for a change on the raptor weaponry? i h8 those damn lasers, and would like it replaced with the machine gun turret (or two) from the tank turret...is this possible without a mutator? i'd like to stick with projectile weaponry in this level to create that WWII feel (lots of chaos snipers and miniguns etc).
"All i know is my gut says maybe"
jb

Post by jb »

if its possible, could the turrets out of other gametypes be converted to run on vKOTH? like the minigun turret or laser cannon out of ONS?
No idea as I have not looked at it. I guess you could try. Build a simple cube. But a hill trigger/volume in it. Place a turret. Rebuild. Save and run the map?
Also for the coders; is it possible to for a change on the raptor weaponry? i h8 those damn lasers, and would like it replaced with the machine gun turret (or two) from the tank turret...is this possible without a mutator? i'd like to stick with projectile weaponry in this level to create that WWII feel (lots of chaos snipers and miniguns etc).
Should be possible to do. Not sure how much work it would take untill we try it.

Sound like a fun idea.
Jb
The_0men

Post by The_0men »

YEA! Like return to castle wolfenstein beach map? :P thats so much fun.

P.S: jbmod???? Is this to do with you jb? for halflife 2? Just heard of it and wondered...

~ The 0men ~
jeditobe1
Inactive Chaos Team Member

Post by jeditobe1 »

Assault has turrets too which dont have activation/deactivation stuff. I think it just needs to be a vehicle-enabled gametype.

The only big problem i can see is if the team code causes problems, since KOTH can be played with 1 team(FFA) or two.
I make Darth Vader look like a teenage punk with a lightsaber.
TKATK
the magical link fairy

Post by TKATK »

The_0men wrote:YEA! Like return to castle wolfenstein beach map? :P thats so much fun.

P.S: jbmod???? Is this to do with you jb? for halflife 2? Just heard of it and wondered...
afaik no,its not that jb

i think
GB

Post by GB »

hmn...this map would most definatly have to be a team vkoth, otherwise, it wouldnt really work, like, at all. it just wouldnt.

as for the minigun turrets, it would definatly have to be coded, if u run assualt turrets, in say ONS without code, they either dont appear, or only one team can control them, and they dont spawn because of nodes, they just spawn after a time period. of course the node thing doesnt matter with koth, but the other two are kinda important...

The raptor thing can be done, just ive only seen it in mutators, i want it to be compusory - maybe if i added the mut to the level config? id like u guys to try it, cos the mut ive got isnt really that polished, it just sticks a tank minigun onto a raptor, just inverts aiming, so it locks at certain hieghts. it aint pretty.i reckon u guys could do much better.

as for the beach type map - im not familiar with this, i wanted the emphasis on aerial attacks, but i spose an overlord type KOTH map would rule - a mirrored overlord where both sides have to move up the beachfront to attack the central hill? hhmn...interesting.
"All i know is my gut says maybe"