rebuild bug...

Discussions about Chaos mapping for the UT series.
SideWinder

rebuild bug...

Post by SideWinder »

idk if any one else has this problem, but while making my current map project (DM-HuntersMoon) i found that if i have terrain, and i do any dort of rebuilding, the terrain disappers...i found that it only happens on my new comp...but it doesnt make any sence i also noticed the same thing happened when i tried to alter (by alter i mean put in bonus vehicles) ONS-Ascenancy (isnt it odd that 2 of the Editor Edition ONS maps, Ascendacy and Aridoom, even RedPlanet form the standard edition didnt have any new vehicles???)
idk what it is, mebbe i should reinstall UT-ED, but is there a patch or sumthin i can dl?
plz help, i really want to get this new map started and i cant use my old comp due to the fact that im using newer textures an meshes...
^Current Map Project^
ONS-BlackBridge (Working name)

^Finished Projects^
DM-AKA-1on1-RumbleRoom

~~~~~~~~
Quitters Never Win, Winners Never Quit, But Those Who Never Win And Never Quit Are Idiots
GB

Post by GB »

odd.

this may sound uber simple, but maybe its just a setting that resets terrain veiwing. Have u tried hitting "T" in the perspective veiw to veiw terrain. it may be thats its just switching it off when u rebuild.
"All i know is my gut says maybe"
SideWinder

Post by SideWinder »

doubt it...i rarely use hot keys, but ill try it out... when i play the level tho...the terrain isnt there its jus like 'po0feth' ...vanished
^Current Map Project^

^Finished Projects^
DM-AKA-1on1-RumbleRoom

~~~~~~~~
Quitters Never Win, Winners Never Quit, But Those Who Never Win And Never Quit Are Idiots
SideWinder

Post by SideWinder »

nope...its sumthing internal with the editor...
^Current Map Project^

^Finished Projects^
DM-AKA-1on1-RumbleRoom

~~~~~~~~
jb

Post by jb »

still an issue then?
Jb
SideWinder

Post by SideWinder »

yeah :cry:
i can only build with non-terrain maps...and DM-HuntersMoon is looking so good rite now (on paper)
^Current Map Project^

^Finished Projects^
DM-AKA-1on1-RumbleRoom

~~~~~~~~
GB

Post by GB »

what vcersion of ut are u running(v3339 i should hope)? maybe installing it again /upgrading might help, maybe its just a bad setting so should be reset if u re-install the patch. other than that im completely out of ideas, well strange (the editor is usually bomb proof really)
"All i know is my gut says maybe"
jeditobe1
Inactive Chaos Team Member

Post by jeditobe1 »

Try deleting (back it up if you want to) unrealed.ini
I make Darth Vader look like a teenage punk with a lightsaber.
SideWinder

Post by SideWinder »

unreal-ed does crash on me some times, maily if im working with emitters and i put in a bad value (such as setting a sprite to fade when it hasnt appeared yet)

ill try re installing U-ED, (does that mean ill have to uninstall unreal itself?, cuz i dont feel like savig ALL the prodjects im working on...)
^Current Map Project^

^Finished Projects^
DM-AKA-1on1-RumbleRoom

~~~~~~~~
jeditobe1
Inactive Chaos Team Member

Post by jeditobe1 »

Reinstalling ued wont reset its settings, it will just repair corrupted files.

Also when unreal uninstalls it only uninstalls the main game files, it doesnt uninstall any custom content. That why i said remake (ie delete and then start up Ued to make another) the unrealed.ini file, as it contains all the settings and remaking it should put it back to default configuration while not removing any content at all.
I make Darth Vader look like a teenage punk with a lightsaber.
SideWinder

Post by SideWinder »

sweet, thnx, ill try that tonite
^Current Map Project^

^Finished Projects^
DM-AKA-1on1-RumbleRoom

~~~~~~~~
SideWinder

Post by SideWinder »

didnt work, i re-installed UT 2k4 EDE an all i got to do was reset my profile settings, (as well as loose the ClanLord unlockable skin) :evil:
^Current Map Project^

^Finished Projects^
DM-AKA-1on1-RumbleRoom

~~~~~~~~