map help

Discussions about Chaos mapping for the UT series.
chaoskirina

Post by chaoskirina »

anyone know how to fix my map?

Layout: you fall infinitely and there are weaponsfloating in midair with ammo refills right behind them. so far I have it just in one room. HOWEVER every so often the player(me) or a bot lands and stays on the bottom and gets a free shot at the players above that are still falling.

I am going to try and create multiple rooms and link them with zoneportals. any better ideas/solutions?
Zachariah
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Zachariah »

chaoskirina wrote:anyone know how to fix my map?

Layout: you fall infinitely and there are weaponsfloating in midair with ammo refills right behind them. so far I have it just in one room. HOWEVER every so often the player(me) or a bot lands and stays on the bottom and gets a free shot at the players above that are still falling.

I am going to try and create multiple rooms and link them with zoneportals. any better ideas/solutions?
Teleporting. Zoneportals are wonky online, not to mention a huge hassle :(

Also, have you ever thought about doing something like a Full Sky? the
single tube drop has been done before. What about jumping from a plane?
chaoskirina

Post by chaoskirina »

Okay. Once I finish fixing it I will test it and if it is still having that problem then its scrapped. and yes my map is outdoors. or more rather, atmospheric. basically, you spawn right in the air and fall for eternity down to earth. HOWEVER! if the zoneportal should fail then I will make it so that at the bottom of each fall is a diagonal tube in which players slide into and reach the teleporter that shoots them all the way back up. I will also be adding obstacles. plus in-air bot pathing will be experimented with!

EDIT: Also, you know of anyone who would host it with little to no hassle? And if so, Do I need any kind of software?
Zachariah
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Zachariah »

you could use thick clouds to hide the teleportation.
Gamma

Post by Gamma »

Your could use Bittorrent for hosting.
TKATK
the magical link fairy

Post by TKATK »

or upload it on pcgamemods.com or somewhere like that