Duel maps for UT2k3

Discussions about Chaos mapping for the UT series.
fr0y0

Duel maps for UT2k3

Post by fr0y0 »

seems a bit out of date, i know ^^ but since i have a lack of bandwith to download CUT for 2k4... :roll:

however, i found CUT (v2.01) while cleaning up my HDs, never knowing it was there oO
i've known CUT since "UT99", wich was freakin' awesome, so i thought i might give it a try. my conclusion: one Duel-map = not enough Duel-maps :D

remembering the good ol' times, i started up UEd and built my own one -> total crap :oops: :D
then i converted the flak-area of antalus to a Duel-Arena... but i'm still missing something: more maps!
i searched every unreal-site i know, but the only things i found (besides no duel-maps ^^) were 404s :/
could you help me out with that one? ;)
LoQtUS

Post by LoQtUS »

we released the core of the mod seperate from the maps back then to make it easier on 56kers. I think this is what you are looking for:

http://www.chaoticdreams.org/ce/ChaosUT ... pPack2.zip

Please bite the bullet and download the newer versions they are waaaaay better.
The Dark Side of Chaos.
fr0y0

Post by fr0y0 »

thx man! i was wondering, cause there is even only one KOTH-map with the package i got. KOTH-Pyramid i think...
and i'll see what i can do about the new version. i also need the bonus pack... *sigh*
anyway, thanks! keep up the good work!!
ein

Post by ein »

wait, that mappack, does it work with ut2k4 and does it have new duel maps? ^_^
TKATK
the magical link fairy

Post by TKATK »

All of the maps there are included with the 3.X releases...i still wonder why CD did that
LoQtUS

Post by LoQtUS »

No the maps do not work for 2k4. If you install them in a 2k4 Directory some of the maps that are there will stop working o_0

The reason that we did that was because it was felt at the time by some that it would deter people using 56k modems from downloading the mod if we packaged it all together.

Obviously, We dont do that anymore...
The Dark Side of Chaos.
Tim
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Tim »

LoQtUS wrote:Obviously, We dont do that anymore...
Well, obviously more people got DSL/Cable/T1/Whatever-but-not-56-or-28.8 rather than 56 or even 28.8 (friend of mine got one 8O )

There isn't real need for seperate big files anymore. Exept for people with downloading problems.