Duel-Incomer available !

Discussions about Chaos mapping for the UT series.
L'architecte

Duel-Incomer available !

Post by L'architecte »

hi again
two maps in two days... not bad
here is a link to the new one duel-Incomer (ut2004)

DOWNLOAD : http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=3391

SCREENSHOT : http://img446.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screen17hb.jpg
Be excessive.
MassChAoS

Post by MassChAoS »

Too big... textures are stretched. There are several places to hide that should have been blocked.

Its a fairly good environment, but the playerspots are so far away from each other. Bots get stuck at certain spots.
L'architecte

Post by L'architecte »

too big? yup could be bad. Just play it with 6 to 8 players, a bit laggy, but...

several places to hide ? mmh do you really need to hide while playing a duel :) (cowardness pfff)

fairly good environment ? I love it. I was inspired by a map from ut2004NAVY (by Monarch)

Players spots are too far from each other, I know, it may be the worst thing in this map, because u waste your time to run after bots. Maybe a DM-Incomer could be better. What do you think ?

oh this map is the first version (and not the last) ; I dont know how I can modify the stretched textures. Impossible I think
Be excessive.
General_Sun

Post by General_Sun »

L'architecte wrote: oh this map is the first version (and not the last) ; I dont know how I can modify the stretched textures. Impossible I think
Of course not, take the texture out, copy it, find some middle place that repeats, copy that over and over, then it'll be manually stretched.
High Council member of The Generals
L'architecte

Post by L'architecte »

General_Sun wrote:
L'architecte wrote: Of course not, take the texture out, copy it, find some middle place that repeats, copy that over and over, then it'll be manually stretched.
oh yeah very easy, I'll try it.
thanks !
Be excessive.
GB

Post by GB »

or make a texscaler in the editor using the texture as a base. (for tiled textures, not skins)

the textures are indeed horrible, but not unfixable.

[edit] id like to say your maps look nice. just remember to take your time. i too have that habit of churning out a map in like a day - fortunately you finish them whereas i get only to 90%!). hopefully ill get a chance to go back and finish the dozen almost finished ones ive got on my HD....
"All i know is my gut says maybe"
L'architecte

Post by L'architecte »

venalanatomica wrote:just remember to take your time. i too have that habit of churning out a map in like a day - fortunately you finish them whereas i get only to 90%!). hopefully ill get a chance to go back and finish the dozen almost finished ones ive got on my HD....
Ah another one who works very fast. Yeah I am a bit tired because I realised 6 maps in ten days. Am having a rest before the next map :)

I am waiting impatiently for your map man !

ABOUT MY MAPS :
mmh I think I never told you all about this :
I map since a few months, so I use to work on map remakes.
WH...WHAT ? REMAKES ?

yup

Here is a short description of each duel-map :

-> CarPark : 60% remade.
(cut nearly the whole map, new music, new lighting, new sounds, new AI, 1 new texture, new visual effects)

-> Incomer : 80% remade
(cut nearly the whole map, new music, new lightning, new static meshes, new sounds, new AI, new textures, new visula effects)

-> NightClub : 90% remade (maybe more)
(cut nearly the whole map, new music, new lighting, new stm, new tex, new sounds, new AI, new cool visual effects)

-> TempleOfRa : 80% remade
(cut neraly the whole map, new music, new lighting, new tex, new stm, new snds, new AI, new visual effects)

-> Loststone : am 100% author ;)

-> Duality : 100 % too

More Duel maps coming soon :

Duel-Elhazad (15% remade, new AI, small part of the map)
Duel-Classical (100% author)
Duel-BasketBall (95% remade, but I have to ask for authorization, new tex, new stm, new music, new snds, new visual effects, new AI, new geaometry, new animations...)
Be excessive.
L'architecte

Post by L'architecte »

I forgot something : my duel-Classical is almost finished, I only have to modify a texture (with the chaos logo) and create the screenshot preview.

The problem is I am using staticmeshes (and textures) from different non official maps (like "Chateau Deville", "Cartwright Hall", "Highlander"...)
I was also wondering if I have to ask for permission to use stm and tex from other authors.
Be excessive.
Bruce9950

Post by Bruce9950 »

Hi L'architecte how goes it? Have you And Hammerman had a chance to write to each other yet? Im pretty sure the remade map's you can NOT release any of those say with Chaos(hmm hmm)Logo's on them.It has to have the author" permission to do any thinhg with them like entering them in a contest.Let me know or pm me 8)
Head Shot (ooooooooooooh i love that)Ha Ha Ha Ha.

L'architecte

Post by L'architecte »

I talked to HammerMan ; he encourages me to make my own maps of course !

You talked about authorization ? I care about having all the authorization before posting the map, and I dont add the Chaos Logo on the remade maps, cause the authors may disapprove it. So without the logo its ok.

I put the logo and lettering only in my maps :)
Be excessive.