A map in progress.

Discussions about Chaos mapping for the UT series.
jb

Post by jb »

I am sorry that i have not had a chance to look at this yet...
Jb
MidgetMan

Post by MidgetMan »

Just whenever you have time
Hammerman

Post by Hammerman »

I finally got a chance. If you really want to use this map as a base to build on, I would suggest doing more than adding a hall with goodies and a super weapon. How about having ramps or stairs leading up to a larger room, or rooms, above these halls? Perhaps designed as observation decks with glass walls and ceilings for viewing the ocean surroundings. There could be holes for dropping back down or raining down death from above. There could also be a lower section that could be partially flooded from leaks and maybe even a room you have to swim through to get that prized superweapon.

Music seemed fine to me. The shockball effect out in the water made me a bit dizzy. The new weapon bases need to have their Display>Skins Emptied. The blood pool could use red distance fog. For a general mapping tip I would suggest keeping your grid on 8 or 16 most of the time and using brush sizes in multiples of 2. It's easier on your eyes and when your brushwork gets more complicated it might save you from some trouble. Good luck and have fun 8)
---Hammer---
"If you build it.....they will come."---Field of Dreams
MidgetMan

Post by MidgetMan »

Im actually designing a upper level, but theres no space so im gonna add a new part right in the middle which is a lift upstairs. I like the idea of teh downstairs flooded, ill try work on that, And yes i admit the skybox is abit "ahH!!!" ill try do something to it. But thanks for the comment!