L'architecte : still alive ?

Discussions about Chaos mapping for the UT series.
L'architecte

L'architecte : still alive ?

Post by L'architecte »

Hi all
am back with a movie I realised last night (about one hour of work)
about my duel maps for Chaos

here is the link

those of you who are new to chaos, who are learning how to play duel like me... I mean like a Boss, you wont probably regreat to download this movie !

for further informations about my maps, please open the read-me.txt file in the zip
Be excessive.
jb

Post by jb »

Wow thats pretty sweet...

Can you record any game play shots? Meaning actions shots so we can show of new features???
Jb
L'architecte

Post by L'architecte »

jb wrote: Can you record any game play shots? Meaning actions shots so we can show of new features???
sure, its very easy :)
I can use video sequences instead of screenshots, but not coming from ut demo recorder, cause its quality is damn awful, but I can make short movie like this one with your own bloody screenshots, with music etc.

why not using it as you say for showing new features, it could be a great idea...
Be excessive.
jb

Post by jb »

Then you want to help us get some video footage of some of the new things we have ready??? I can ask the guys what they think but thats only if your interested....
Jb
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Just fyi about what I've/we've always considered S.O.P for Chaos PR, for use on Chaos site and so forth..., when I was doing it anyway... I wouldn't even consider using it unless it was as per our 'traditional' practice, meaning 0 content that is not stock UT2004 or created by Chaotic Dreams.

Not that it's not nice for folks to make Chaos videos (we of course have had others made before), nothing wrong with that.
L'architecte

Post by L'architecte »

Jb => I'd be very glad to help you :)

R.Flagg => am not sure to have understood what you mean, could you explain me with words I can understand ;)
And plz dont write things like S.O.P cause I dont know what it means
As you know my english is not perfect
thanks
Be excessive.
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Oh yeah, sorry 'bout that. :wink:

S.O.P. usually refers to Standard Operating Procedure.

And I'm saying to Jb that I don't suggest using "promo" material that features anything not created by a Chaos team member.

It is however, merely a suggestion from me to whomever it concerns. Certainly not the law of the land.
L'architecte

Post by L'architecte »

R.Flagg wrote: And I'm saying to Jb that I don't suggest using "promo" material that features anything not created by a Chaos team member.
Ok it looks like a kind of promo for my maps but the read_me explains it is not hte case.
I mean the movie is not really a promo but, I'd say, a "memory" of my work because I made a lot of duel maps (most of em are not bad ;) ) and people dont often find em : I get sometimes pm from guys looking for one or two maps, so I've decided to make a movie indicating them where to find my work.
I dont like the word promo, cause it sounds quite pejorative.
I also used the chaos logo simply to indicate which mod I am mapping for.
Hope my intentions are clear enough now :)
Be excessive.
jb

Post by jb »

L'architecte,
thanks again for the offer and we can talk about it and get back to you soon!
Jb
L'architecte

Post by L'architecte »

oh I just noticed I uploaded the previous version of the movie. In fact the high quality version is already done, but not the low quality (ie the one you can download).
So I will release it soon. There are only a few jpg screenshots that are different. I'll keep you informed :)

EDIT : released !!! here is the new link to the new movie
Be excessive.
Tim
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Tim »

jb wrote:Wow thats pretty sweet...

Can you record any game play shots? Meaning actions shots so we can show of new features???
I got fraps too, I could record it for you too... Mabye if we both record some then we put only the best things together?