Larchitecte.com

Discussions about Chaos mapping for the UT series.
L'architecte

Larchitecte.com

Post by L'architecte »

hi all

this is a request for permission to use chaotic stuff as I am creating my own site, larch.com or larchitecte.com (I dont know yet but the 2nd one seems to exist already). I'd like to use textures from our great chaos mod etc
What about the credit to chaotic dreams ?
I'll setup links to our forums, to the chaos site, and mirrors to the mod's downloads. Then I will create my own ftp to host chaosUT/UT2 downloads

If you want to make your own site, am using cariboost for the web site creation and typ soft for the ftp
both are very easy to use
Be excessive.
Tim
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Tim »

I can host you, and you DO get a dedicated IP and if you register the domain, I can set it up for your site. :)

If you're interested, email me tim(at)soulbreakers(dot)com or talk to me on MSN.

The old site (larchitecte.soulbreakers.com) never really got up cause I thought you'd administer it, but you kinda abandoned it... Oh well.

By the way, about the FTP download hosting thing, I had the similar thing in mind also :)
ChaosUT ultimate downloads source :P
L'architecte

Post by L'architecte »

ChaosUT ultimate downloads source... mmmh sounds nice :P

well I kinda abandonned it cause I dont like the interface and I cant customize it^^ and I prefer my own nickname as address (ie larchitecte.com) lol

concerning the host, I have no idea yet, and my site's interface is still in developpement.
Be excessive.
MassChAoS

Post by MassChAoS »

I think we could use someone to mirror the ChaosDM downloads... I'm not sure the status of them on fileplanet.

Could be anywhere up to 1 gb of stuff (but probably less).
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Re: Larchitecte.com

Post by R.Flagg »

L'architecte wrote:hi all

this is a request for permission to use chaotic stuff ...
I don't think anybody will have a problem with that. Go ahead and have fun sir. :)
Tim
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Tim »

MassChAoS wrote:I think we could use someone to mirror the ChaosDM downloads... I'm not sure the status of them on fileplanet.

Could be anywhere up to 1 gb of stuff (but probably less).
I wanted to host that too...

I also mirrored CUT2 long time ago, but nobody added my site to the mirror list... JB said he'll tell whoever takes care of the site.
Still nothing. JB?!

Oh and what happened to the CUT2 banners you were supposed to do long time ago... Whoever does that kind of stuff in Chaotic Dreams Team...
L'architecte

Post by L'architecte »

first attempt... well not too bad I think
Be excessive.
jb

Post by jb »

That looks pretty cool L'architecte!!!!
Jb
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Tim wrote:I also mirrored CUT2 long time ago, but nobody added my site to the mirror list... JB said he'll tell whoever takes care of the site.
Still nothing. JB?!
That would be me, for news and updates and whatnot (MassChaos does the actual site itself). Jb is in the clear, he did in fact tell me about it. I hesitated because I was unsure that this would be a permanent link. In the past I've been asked to add links that went dead not long thereafter, which meant I had to go back and remove them.

So anyway, if you're planning on it being permanent, I'll get you added. Sorry for the delay (and don't take it out on Joe! :wink: ).

And Thank You Tim, for hosting files for us.
Oh and what happened to the CUT2 banners you were supposed to do long time ago... Whoever does that kind of stuff in Chaotic Dreams Team...
Not sure what banners you are on about, but there isn't anybody here to make them now. Feel free to knock our socks off.
Tim
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Tim »

R.Flagg wrote:
Tim wrote:I also mirrored CUT2 long time ago, but nobody added my site to the mirror list... JB said he'll tell whoever takes care of the site.
Still nothing. JB?!
So anyway, if you're planning on it being permanent, I'll get you added. Sorry for the delay (and don't take it out on Joe! :wink: ).
It's a domain, how can it not be permanent?
MassChAoS

Post by MassChAoS »

Tim wrote:
R.Flagg wrote:
Still nothing. JB?!
Things come and go as far as file hosting goes.
Tim
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Tim »

MassChAoS wrote:
Tim wrote:
R.Flagg wrote: So anyway, if you're planning on it being permanent, I'll get you added. Sorry for the delay (and don't take it out on Joe! :wink: ).
Things come and go as far as file hosting goes.
Not always. And soulbreakers.com is here to stay, at least for another 2 years (I bought 2 years).

So, L'Arc, what do you think in me hosting you? You do get a dedicated domain name, and I can setup your domain to this name (though you need to register it, I got other plans with my other 2 free domains).

After all, you are in SB collective, give me 1 reason not to host you.

-Tim