Two CUT2E maps at once!!!

Discussions about Chaos mapping for the UT series.
KodiakChaos
Chaotic Dreams Team

Two CUT2E maps at once!!!

Post by KodiakChaos »

Well, like I said before, my best mapping time is the weekend, but I've been doing a lot of sketching and designing on normal and graph paper. Anyway, here is what I am up to!

In The Works

MAP ONE: I'm doing an Egyptian style KOTH map that should be able to fit a game of 16 people! It's been going really well too. I design it on paper during my free time at college. Then I only work on it for about an hour, but I get so much done because I've got it figured out on papper first!

MAP TWO: This is another one I designed at college. It's going to be a Sword Arena map that can carry about 8 players. I'm giving it a real dark and sinister look. I'm also designing it in a way that will let me build one section, and then repeat it 3 times to complete the map. It'll look great and I might even be able to do this one in a day or two!
EDIT: max of 8 players, but great for 1on1 and 2on2 games

That's a quick summary of what I've been up to. No screen shots yet, but if you have any comments at all, feel free to post'em.

EDIT: I'm building these maps with UED3 for UT2k3. However, they will both be maps for CUT2E.
Last edited by KodiakChaos on Wed Nov 20, 2002 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Re: Two CUT2E maps at once!!!

Post by R.Flagg »

Kodiak wrote: It's going to be a Sword Arena map that can carry about 8 players. I'm giving it a real dark and sinister look.

if you have any comments at all, feel free to post'em
Please allow me to introduce myself.... flaggrules

Sir, it is very encouraging to see that you are interested in making an SA map. This is a very good thing.

However, even though I am a Huge fan of playing with the blades, I've yet to really enjoy a game of SA with that many players. Doesn't mean it's wrong, just my opinion.

I've just always felt that swordplay should be more focused, more personal. With more than 1 on 1, or 2 on 2, you end up with many many frags coming from behind. Players getting killed by one of the 6 other players running around when they are tying to engage the guy in front of them.

While this is the name of the game in normal DM, it is somehow less acceptable (to me anyway) when using this Most Honored weapon. A weapon to be respected, a weapon wrapped in tradition, and Legend.

Map as you will, good man. Map what is in your heart, as you must.

But maybe slap some crossbows with normal arrrows in there too? :wink:
KodiakChaos
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by KodiakChaos »

I've just always felt that swordplay should be more focused, more personal. With more than 1 on 1, or 2 on 2, you end up with many many frags coming from behind. Players getting killed by one of the 6 other players running around when they are tying to engage the guy in front of them.
I guess I should rephrase my 8 player statement.

When I said it could carry about 8 players, I meant that there is 8 start locations, but the map is generally not to large. From the top view in the editor it looks like a "+" sign. It should work great for 1on1 and 2on2, but with 8 start locations, you could always go higher if ya wanted too :)

EDIT: Also means spawn camping won't happen :)