John 'AngelHeart' Falgate

Discussions about Chaos mapping for the UT series.
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

John 'AngelHeart' Falgate

Post by R.Flagg »

There's no Infiltration to go with it, it's 47.8 MB, for only one map (I'm on 56k), and I don't even expect to be able to actually play in it.

And still I couldn't click the button fast enough.

AngelHeart=Download
FurrySound

Post by FurrySound »

Glad to hear you are downloading it... its already set to go on the public server for private matches...

And you should be fine playing it... I run it at 640x480x16 with all eye candy turned off on my P3-800, and I seem to stay above 25-30fps alsmost all the time...

FurrySound{Moo}
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

That's cool Harald. Not sure how it will play in regular UT2, but that's neat you've got it up there to at least check out.

Most of his UT maps are best in Inf, but like I said, there isn't anything like that yet for UT2.

But, alas, I'll have to wait another day. Last night, like most nights, I didn't bother with a d/l manager, usually I don't need it. Last night I guess I did. It did not finish. Tomorrow I suppose.
Lothar{Moo}
Kamikaze Tester

Post by Lothar{Moo} »

Anybody know if I can get this map somewhere other than vileplanet?
I've gone this long without a GamespyID but they say I need one to get this file. :(
Lothar{Moo} :proxy:
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Corvus|CL

Post by Corvus|CL »

This is the first map which slows done significantly my machine... Outside in the streets my fps drops below 30 to 20 without bots, in the buildings I get high framerates.
Maybe when I turn down some of the details and won't run everything at maxiums I could get it smooth even with players...
But I think the map is more art and not a real arena... And I don't thing it would play well as a deathmatch map. ;) Must test this, the problem is you get lost in that map... ;)
The European UT2004 and ChaosUT2 Clan
Lothar{Moo}
Kamikaze Tester

Post by Lothar{Moo} »

Thank you Randall :)

Getting it now!
Gasman
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Gasman »

OUCH!! I had vid settings on normal and it took 2 minutes to load. Then I couldn't hardly move without the hardrive caching for 30 secs. Looks like a great map, but it is definitly a fps killer.
Gasman
Lothar{Moo}
Kamikaze Tester

Post by Lothar{Moo} »

hehe
I hear you Gasman....my P3-1Gig with 512Megs-0-RAM and my GeForce2Ti really whined on this one 8O
Ok, I admit it was silly to try it at 1024x768 with all the candy cranked up, but I was getting 2-5 fps in most places...closer to a rolling screensaver than a game !

It looks like a really awesome map though and the level of detail is mind-boggling (and computer-boggling aparently!)

I'll downgrade my settings and try it if it's going to be up on the server, though.
Look for me, I'll be the guy standing still most of the time :)
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Cruising some various forums, and stopped over at unreal-2, and though I can't read what they are saying, I certainly caught the name Angelheart;

http://www.unreal-2.com/forum/index.php ... fd37689d6c

I'm still downloading the map, but as always I am already recommending you do too.
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Wow.

From the readme:
Filename: DM-AChina

Author: AngelHeart

Description: An ancient Chinese Village

Comments
Long ago I wanted to do a map based on China. Then a week or so back I found this site of Beautiful paintings of chinese villages. http://www.yokoarts.com/
well, I had my inspiration.
This took about two weeks to complete. It could be the best looking map I've done so far.
I tried many different lighting styles, but this dusk setting gave me the chance to use chinese lanterns so I stuck with it, even though my original idea was for a much more grey rainy watery setting. ITs not really a death match, totaly unsuitable,its just an art map. if I wasn't doing this I would probably paint or something, but who could go back to 2D after the wonders of 3 dimensional painting :)
still plays well on my machine, even though I made no attempt whatsoever at optimisation.
Rainbow skirts is a piece of traditional music I found and converted to an ogg file.

Please let me know what you think.
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Couldn't help taking my own little postcards. Justified it by thinking maybe somebody reading this thread was thinking of actually not getting this map. It's purdy. I think he should have just left the weapons out though.

Maybe good for sword arena? Or the Chaos Medieval Mut? :D
jeditobe1
Inactive Chaos Team Member

Post by jeditobe1 »

Too bad its china, or we could use samarai swords :(

I guess we can just say its a japanese invasion!
I make Darth Vader look like a teenage punk with a lightsaber.
FurrySound

Post by FurrySound »

ROFL @ Jeditobe1
FurrySound{TOC}
-The sun never sets on the Chaotic Dreams Empire
FurrySound

Post by FurrySound »

For those of you who just want a straight download link...

http://www.furrysound.net/UT2003Files/DM-AChina.zip
FurrySound{TOC}
-The sun never sets on the Chaotic Dreams Empire