server help

Feel free to chat about non-Chaos stuff in here.
Mowerman

server help

Post by Mowerman »

Hi, newbie question :)

basically, i want it so anyone can vote any mode, custom or not, available.

so, if i download a heap of gametypes and maps and install them on the server, can people get access to them in game without me having to set it up ?
is this possible, and if so, how much of a hassle is it to set up ?

Cheers.
FurrySound

Post by FurrySound »

You would need a mapvote type mod installed. Check out

http://www.planetunreal.com/bdbunreal/

There are 2 versions, on for Unreal Tournament and one for Unreal Tournament 2003.

FurrySound{Moo}
jeditobe1
Inactive Chaos Team Member

Post by jeditobe1 »

Speaking of choosing maps. Is there any quick way in UT2k3 to get back to the Instant Action setup screen from in game? I know i can get instantly to the server selection for online games but having to forfeit to get back to main menu before going back to the setup is annoying :)
I make Darth Vader look like a teenage punk with a lightsaber.
Mowerman

Post by Mowerman »

Thanks FurrySound, and would that mean that everyone wanting to use those features would have to d/load that vote-mod as well ?
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Choosing maps? There are mapvote programs out there of course, Furry has mentioned that one on his server, but I don't know how well it works offline for botmatches. Maybe it does, I dunno.

But this I can tell you.... In UT, the best way to do this, bar none, was with XMaps. And he's already got a beta out for UT2.

XMaps is designed for use on servers or in botmatches. Using it offline, you can just hit the XMaps button in the middle of your game, and then choose any map, mut, or gametype to play, and 'warp' to it directly. Set the timelimit, fraglimit too. Even choose DM in a CTF map or whatever.

It's BETA, but I've been using it, and it works pretty well. And I am sure it will only get better.

http://www.planetunreal.com/xmaps/

Good stuff.
FurrySound

Post by FurrySound »

Oops.. yes I forgot to mention Xmaps didn't I.. bad moo... :D

The clients will automatically download the portion of mapvote that they need when they connect. Its very small. Just be sure your server has 'allow downloads' set to True or that you are using a redirect that has those files.

FurrySound{Moo}
Mowerman

Post by Mowerman »

Cheers people, you have been awsome :)