The main news site?

Feel free to chat about non-Chaos stuff in here.
JeT

The main news site?

Post by JeT »

I was just wondering what the status on this main "portal page" / "main news page" was? 8)
MassChAoS

Post by MassChAoS »

In the planning stages.
JeT

Post by JeT »

Furry (I think you were in charge of this), can you IM me soon so we can start coding some for it, or whatever.

I think we need a lot more CUT 2 site updates... build a bit of a fanbase or something...
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

I think we need a lot more CUT 2 site updates... build a bit of a fanbase or something...
Takes more than news updates to 'build a bit of a fanbase'.

It takes more than "news".

The site updates are handled by myself, and I would thank you to take any further discussion you have about it to the team's dev forums.

Thanks
eidolon

Post by eidolon »

ROFL

perfect example of how Chaos was transformed from a very popular mod into a small club for beta-testers.

---e
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Wow. You have changed eidolon. Was it the fact that Q3 Chaos didn't make it? Are you still not over that.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

perfect example of how Chaos was transformed from a very popular mod into a small club for beta-testers.
What an ignorant statement.

You don't seem to want to gather facts, before you start slamming me, but I'll let you in on one anyway. Back in the days of ChaosUT, I was constantly asking, practicaly begging Fred and Spa to put stuff out. Like when Fred fixed the sword, and we didn't let it out for months, just for one example. You don't know what it is you are talking about.

And if you think what you said applies to CUT2, then I say again, you don't know what it is you are talking about.
LoQtUS

Post by LoQtUS »

eidolon,

I realize that it may seem like your statement is true at the moment, but nothing could be farther from the truth. Believe me, We want nothing more then to get ChaosUT2 to the masses, and that is comming in the verry near future. The simple fact remains that there are still some things that have to be done before they are redy to be seen by anyone that is not working on it.

I have seen your Mapping work for Q3 Chaos, and would love to see you do some mapping for UT2k3 Chaos. There's always room for more, and i have no problem helping you with the new engine. food for thought...

As for keeping the devolpment side of things private, Well, No one wantes their dirty laundry on TV. If ya know what i mean ;)

:borg:
The Dark Side of Chaos.
eidolon

Post by eidolon »

graciously put, LoQ
thank you.

one thing: I never mapped for Q3 Chaos, probably for much the same reason that JeT seems to have taken his energy & ideas elsewhere since your associate's discourtesy.

I do understand the development process, but I've seen the above scenario played out too many times here and in the previous forums to feel any desire to work with the team as currently configured. I appreciate the offer of help, though,... and who knows? Game engines are getting better at the kind of outdoor spaces I like to create, it may be that I'll see what can be done with the latest UT one of these days.

ah,I see your post has been shortened, lol.
Apology accepted anyway :)

You may want to explain what we're discussing to Flagg--he doesn't seem to get it.

---e
FurrySound

Post by FurrySound »

JeT seems to have taken his energy & ideas elsewhere since your associate's discourtesy.
You know not of what you speak.

FurrySound{Moo}
FurrySound{TOC}
-The sun never sets on the Chaotic Dreams Empire
LoQtUS

Post by LoQtUS »

Ahhhhh, I think you mis read my post.

The length of the post shortend because i was taking into acount the posts on this thread:http://forums.chaoticdreams.org/viewtopic.php?t=1247 Where tempers seem to have flaired, and that flair seem to have spilled over into this thread. I removed the appology because i only sought to difuse the situation, and ended up saying thins that it wasnt my place to say. Im sorry if i mis led you. So you may not want to thank me.

Ok now on to the comments ;)
First you say:
ROFL

---e
This would show some one who either, has no ideas what the development process is like, or is attempting to take a weak shot aimed at enraging Flagg. Now, since im going to ASSUME that you are not in the habbit of running around starting fights with people. Im going to think Flagg over reacted quite a bit. Hence the apology, and after reading the Cheating thread. I realized that i mis spoke my self on this thread.

But then you say:
I do understand the development process, but I've seen the above scenario played out too many times here and in the previous forums to feel any desire to work with the team as currently configured. I appreciate the offer of help, though,... and who knows? Game engines are getting better at the kind of outdoor spaces I like to create, it may be that I'll see what can be done with the latest UT one of these days.

So then you realize that your origional statment was a bit on the ignorant side. But, waite im still confused here. Wich is it do you understand the developmet process or not? Or were you just attempting to start a fight?

Wich Brings me to:
one thing: I never mapped for Q3 Chaos, probably for much the same reason that JeT seems to have taken his energy & ideas elsewhere since your associate's discourtesy.
Well If you are who you say you are then I have seen and may even have on one of my HDDs a map that you were building, and since you were pimping it on the Q3 Chaos Forums of that time I again assumed it was going to be for Q3 Chaos. Silly me. And as for My associate's discourtesy, I think that you have it backwards. I think its you who was being discourtious. Im going to compleetly ignore your comment about JeT, because it looks like an attempt at getting someone in to this on your " side". But, as for you taking your energies elsewhere, If thats what you want to do then, their your energies. Id rather see you turn them tward somthing positive, but hey. I have work to do ;)

And Finaly you say:
You may want to explain what we're discussing to Flagg--he doesn't seem to get it.
I think im just figuring it out, and i think he allredy knows whats going on here .

:borg:
The Dark Side of Chaos.
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

eidolon wrote:You may want to explain what we're discussing to Flagg--he doesn't seem to get it.

---e
Oh, I get it alright.

But some of us actually stepped up and decided to do something. You on the other hand, seem to be content to just hover on the sidelines, and complain when things don't go the way you'd like.

At least I have been willing, to put my 'face', my 'voice', and my time into something, and give it my best. Maybe not always done right, maybe not always up to your standards, but at least I had the courage to take a shot, and the guts take it on the chin once in awhile when I fall on my face in a very public way.

Yeah, it's real easy to sit back and criticize, isn't it eidolon?

Your attitude here surprised me. Seems not like the person I had continued to speak highly of, right up until I saw that post. But you seem to have developed a grudge against me, but never even had the guts to say anything to me.

Instead, you handle it like this. And you criticize me? Sure, I've been out of line from time to time, but at least I have the guts to step up and and say what I have to say, and also to stay and deal with it when I'm wrong.

Yeah, it's real easy to just run in and take some potshots and then scurry away isn't it eidolon?
FurrySound

Post by FurrySound »

Guts? R. Flagg? Yup... you have guts, 4 of them... Moo!!

(slap)

FurrySound{YouKnowMeMoo}
FurrySound{TOC}
-The sun never sets on the Chaotic Dreams Empire