dumb server package question

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
Iceboy

dumb server package question

Post by Iceboy »

Ok, this is probably a dumb server admin related question, but it's something I've been wondering about.

I have a server running MapVote 4b9, and I have chaos mod in my server packages. However, most of the time I'm not actively using Chaos, but it has maplists setup for when I want to switch.

I'd like to see more people join my server when it's running, and I think part of the reason why I don't see a lot of activity is because when they go to the server they have to wait for all the packages to download.

So what I was wondering, is if I remove the server packages listings for Chaos, would the server send those out to clients if the server is actually running a Chaos game. I think thats the way it should work, but I'm not totally sure.

Basically, what'd I'd like to have happen is that if i'm running normal DM, the server doesn't push Chaos out. When I'm running Chaos DM or Duel, it pushes Chaos out. I think if I remove Chaos from the serverpackages that should do it, but I'm not toally sure.

Anyone have suggestions?