Ok, A couple of Pros and Cons...

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
Rythmix

Ok, A couple of Pros and Cons...

Post by Rythmix »

Cons:

1. The MUG Ice and fire is annoyingly overwhelming. The entire room you are in just fills up with the particles in a matter of 1.2 secs and I think it even begins to slow down my FPS.

2. Duel mode seems A) Delayed when swinging: It seems I hit the button 3 times before it actually swings, PR2.01 used to swing immediately B) Too over weilding...The katana in one of the stances, no matter what way you want to slice, just does a figure X over and over... It seems also overpowered when playing against AI, I do 2 "Figure X" slices and they walk into it and they're dead.

3. I know this is known as an Epic bug, but the mousewheel weapon switch thing is killing me, Thankfully I can use my Game Commander for my hot keys to avoid this.

4. *BUG* When I installed Chaos, it made 2 of the exact same Chaos sections in my Key Configuration. Doesn't seem to break anything, but it favors the first one.

Pros

1. I love the new trail effect of the melee weapons, looks cool.

2. Grapple hook is still great, I wonder if it would be possible to make it look more natural by making it arc over long distances. And maybe an Aiming star, so while you hold down the grapple button a little crosshair pops up, release sends it up, arc'ing the way up, but still compensates for the arc in the final hitpoint

3. Love the new skins too! Was wondering for animations if it is possible to make characters Fall over. Like in duel mode, if they get hit while in the air, make them fall on their ass and have to get up before the other guy comes and stabs them while they are on the ground.

You guys have done great work! Definitely tops my list of Phase 3! Good luck! I will be upgrading my hd in my second PC soon and will run 2 servers: duel and chaos weapon.
Rythm is Gonna Get Ya!
The Warlock

Post by The Warlock »

I think the thing about the MUG reducing visibility was intentional, so you can't aim at the enemy as easily, making the weapon a little less powerful. (But he can't see you, either.) Same with Napalm Grenades.

In any event, it sure looks cool.
TKATK
the magical link fairy

Post by TKATK »

for me the MUG is a annoying wep

1st:you cant see thru fire,especially with 4 players shooting at the same time
2nd:It drains FPS
3rd:bots dont get blineded,really annoying on a half full server with a bot running around
halprin
MAC Daddy

Post by halprin »

TKATK wrote:3rd:bots dont get blineded,really annoying on a half full server with a bot running around
That will always be a problem w/ bots I think.
Next PR release date: 2 weeks
jb

Post by jb »

We can try to tweak that...
Jb
The Warlock

Post by The Warlock »

Please do. It would be nice if it blinded the bots as well.

As for the framerate issues, just get a better graphics card and quit *****ing. I can run my game on a year-old Radeon 9600 with 4x AA and no real drop when the room fills with flame.
DarK_AssassiN

Post by DarK_AssassiN »

I like the MUG. Although I only tried it as a mutator.
vernies_garden

Post by vernies_garden »

personaly i would liek to see melee seperated from the chaos and regualr weapons, give me meleeDM i don't care for the duel either casue it just seems like who ever gets health or armor wins. really i feel all the weapons are a tad over powered, i wanna chase someone down while filling them full of lead. yea its great to instakill this and instakill that but it gets teadious. as for the mug i personally love it. yea it can kill your FPS but its so gorgeous. and for the new models i absolutly LOVE the knight i would like to see more models like it. considering though this is a first release for 2k4 and met those nasty bugs right before debut. i think it exceeded more than what i hoped for. i didnt want to sound liek i hated the mod just wanted to give my personal crit
"...and I know we all can't stay here forever, so I'll write my words on the face of today. And then they'll paint it..." ~ Shannon Hoon (Blind Melon)
TKATK
the magical link fairy

Post by TKATK »

just tell me you dont loose 4 fps in a 4 way mug fight
vernies_garden

Post by vernies_garden »

i have no idea the fps lost but it was pretty annoying, but im wondering now if the mod has a memory hole casue no matter what wepons are in it starts to lag down over time
i'm still trying to figure out the cuase being the game mod or something else
"...and I know we all can't stay here forever, so I'll write my words on the face of today. And then they'll paint it..." ~ Shannon Hoon (Blind Melon)
The Warlock

Post by The Warlock »

TKATK wrote:just tell me you dont loose 4 fps in a 4 way mug fight
Oh boo-*******-hoo. Four whole frames per second! Dropping the framerate down to only, what, double the 24 FPS that theater movies run at? It's unplayable!

Riiiiiiight.
TKATK
the magical link fairy

Post by TKATK »

youre annoying

1st:not everonyone has a 9800 pro
2nd:i said a example,it can be much more severe based on settings
3rd:combining with the cutter the FPS loss is getting bigger and bigger

Leave this thread alone,warhog
Kaboodles

Post by Kaboodles »

Watch that language! The Chaotic Dreams forum is a friendly place!
Flamers are not cool.

(angry)

(no)

(mad)
High Council member of The Generals
Zachariah
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Zachariah »

Quote Removed

You Really need to kill that attitude of yours. TKATK did not insult you in any way and you have no right taking that sort of language on these forums. Posting here is a Privelage , not a Right.
Last edited by Zachariah on Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TKATK
the magical link fairy

Post by TKATK »

errm,Back on topic
Then,is it planned to make the MUG so that its possible to see thru it like nades,also incriesing FPS,Is it planned to make the MUG more like sweep or it will still be like a jet

no need to pour gasoline into the flame