Bug Report Thread for CUT2:3 PR3.01

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
jb

Post by jb »

Frisbee wrote:By The Way, the bug that i reported about on the "PR3.0 Bug Thread", still happens in the PR3.1 version. :(

This one?
Hey all, i'm new here.
Anyhow, i don't know if this was allready reported, but i have noticed that when i play "Chaos UT2004" in the "Chaos CTF" mode, whenever i or anyone of the bots try to return the flag to the base, any other friendly bot that approaches us, begins to follow The Flag Carrier and repetivly keeps saying "Enemy Flag Carrier is here" without acctually opening fire at him, until i or the bots, Return the flag to it's base.
When the flag is finally returned to base, the bots return to the task that was given to them earlier, as if nothing happened.
Jb
Iceboy

Duplicate Players in Normal UT

Post by Iceboy »

So I tried uninstalling Chaos and UT in order to do a fresh install as a few things were broken (looks like they were unrelated to chaos).

This time I did PR3 UMOD, which I knew wasn't giving me troubles the last time i installed it. I then patched it with the 3.01 Zip version (not UMOD) followed the instructions included...

But I still get duplicate players. I deleted ChaosUT/Players and the 2 ini files that are specified....

I'm still sitting here scratching my head about this. Also, the loss of crosshairs and announcer voices seems total unrelated as that hasn't happened again with the re-install.

Is there anyway to have Chaos point to xplayers.int in the UT2004/system directory?
Kronix

mutator compatability issues

Post by Kronix »

I'm not sure if these are the kind of bugs your looking for, but I found some compatability issues with 2 of my favorite mutators.

Arial View(which I use to give me accurate 3rd person aiming):
-When arial view is active during a Chaos DM match, the game no longer switches to 3rd person when you select your melee weapon.
-Chaos Duel won't let you enter the match (offline) if arial view is active. So you end up sitting there watch the bot run around.

Angel Item Physics:
-When angel item physics is active, none of the Chaos weapon EVER appear. The rocket launcher even remains as the standard version.
TKATK
the magical link fairy

Post by TKATK »

arial replaces pawns,a nono

angel psychics doesnt work with almost everything
jb

Post by jb »

Iceboy,
This time I did PR3 UMOD, which I knew wasn't giving me troubles the last time i installed it. I then patched it with the 3.01 Zip version (not UMOD) followed the instructions included...

But I still get duplicate players. I deleted ChaosUT/Players and the 2 ini files that are specified....

I'm still sitting here scratching my head about this. Also, the loss of crosshairs and announcer voices seems total unrelated as that hasn't happened again with the re-install.

Is there anyway to have Chaos point to xplayers.int in the UT2004/system directory?
Let me have jedi get back to you as he has a better grip of how we set up the players upl files to work.

Kronix,
TKATK was right on the money. The Arial View does replace the pawn class so it will NOT work with the melee games we use. Maybe at some time I can talk to Mr Evil (who we have a very good relationship with) and see if there is something we can do to work together on this. And with Angel Item Physics I don't yet have a good idea how to work around it. This mut replaces all of the pickup and will swap out our weapons and items with its own.

TKATK,
do you still have trouble getting the chalk outlines to show up?
Jb
Iceboy

Post by Iceboy »

jb wrote:Iceboy,

Let me have jedi get back to you as he has a better grip of how we set up the players upl files to work.
Ok, thanks. I'm dealing with it in the meantime. It's not too critical,
BFG5000

My Critical Error

Post by BFG5000 »

So, I installed the latest patch and deleted the .ini files. The mod loaded up fine so I joined a duel. I was doing fine until my axe made contact with another player. The second I hit someone the game crashed and I got the following critical error:

UT2004 Build UT2004_Patch_[2004-06-11_16.51]

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 1801 MHz with 511MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 (5672)

ChaosDuelPlayerController Duel-ChaosImmortal.ChaosDuelPlayerController (Function ChaosGames.ChaosDuelPlayerController.EndOfRound.BeginState:0067) Runaway loop detected (over 10000000 iterations)

History: FFrame::Serialize <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (ChaosDuelPlayerController Duel-ChaosImmortal.ChaosDuelPlayerController, Function ChaosGames.ChaosDuelPlayerController.EndOfRound.BeginState) <- UObject::GotoState <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (ChaosDuelPlayerController Duel-ChaosImmortal.ChaosDuelPlayerController, Function Engine.PlayerController.ShortClientAdjustPosition) <- RemoteCall <- HandleStream <- UActorChannel::ReceivedBunch <- (Actor ChaosDuelPlayerController) <- UChannel::ReceivedSequencedBunch <- Direct <- UChannel::ReceivedRawBunch <- DispatchDataToChannel <- BunchData <- UNetConnection::ReceivedPacket <- UNetConnection::ReceivedRawPacket <- UTcpNetDriver::TickDispatch <- UpdatePreNet <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=3) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Chaos Immortal <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 676F4C57 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

Now, since it keeps repeating DuelPlayerController, that has me thinking it may have something to do with the fact that I play using a Nyko AirFlo (I know keyboard is best, but I'm just more comfortable with a controller). Any ideas how I can fix this?
jb

Re: My Critical Error

Post by jb »

BFG5000 wrote:Now, since it keeps repeating DuelPlayerController, that has me thinking it may have something to do with the fact that I play using a Nyko AirFlo (I know keyboard is best, but I'm just more comfortable with a controller). Any ideas how I can fix this?
Does this crash happen all of the time now or just that once? And we we say controller we are talking about a internal class file that Unreal uses. You can think of a controller being the "brains" of the object. So its not a physical controller.
Jb
Iceboy

2 more things.....

Post by Iceboy »

I was playing Chaos on my server with a friend last night and we encountered one "bug" and the other is more of a feature request.

1) My server is currently configured to run Chaos as a mutator so that way the server can switch back and forth between normal weapons and Chaos stuff depending on the crowd. Anyways, we were doing a 1on1 DM match last night and for some reason the AWO buttons were fairly unresponsive for both of us. I was able to use mine for a little bit at the start of the match but at some point I was hitting the AWO key and nothing would happen. My friend said that it would take him a couple of button presses to use the AWO.
The map was DM-1on1-Albatross. Also, when picking up weapons on the map there seems to be a noticeable delay before they show up in the inventory bar at the bottom of the screen.

2) Request: Can you guys in the next release of the UMOD have the installer add the Paths= lines to the ini file? Its annoying as a server admin running a server with the mutator having to instruct people who complain about having to download the ChaosUT and ChaosGames files from the server when they have the current version.
TKATK
the magical link fairy

Post by TKATK »

1)Sounds like lag to me,pure lag,was it in LAN or was it on the net?you both couldnt have been experienceing 100+ ping couldya?
Iceboy

Post by Iceboy »

TKATK wrote:1)Sounds like lag to me,pure lag,was it in LAN or was it on the net?you both couldnt have been experienceing 100+ ping couldya?
We were getting about 60 i think...

I could be lag.... I'm gonna test it some more tonight.
Iceboy

Post by Iceboy »

Iceboy wrote:
TKATK wrote:1)Sounds like lag to me,pure lag,was it in LAN or was it on the net?you both couldnt have been experienceing 100+ ping couldya?
We were getting about 60 i think...

I could be lag.... I'm gonna test it some more tonight.
Played again tonight, even though the bind was set in my Input options it still wasn't working. Edited the button assignment to the button I wanted, no problems the rest of the night.
Iceboy

Duplicate Players in Normal UT

Post by Iceboy »

There's hasn't been anything mentioned of this lately.

But I was wondering, is there anyway for you guys to point to the xplayersL1 and L2 files in the UT2004\System directory?

AFAI can tell, UT is picking up all the upl files in the ChaosUT2\System folder when normal UT is active.

I think thats the only real fix i can think of....
jeditobe1
Inactive Chaos Team Member

Post by jeditobe1 »

in your UT2004\System\UT2004.ini file, is there a line saying something like the following?

Paths=..\ChaosUT2\System\*.upl

If there is, remove it.
I make Darth Vader look like a teenage punk with a lightsaber.
Iceboy

Post by Iceboy »

jeditobe1 wrote:in your UT2004\System\UT2004.ini file, is there a line saying something like the following?

Paths=..\ChaosUT2\System\*.upl

If there is, remove it.
Nope. Not there.

From my ini

[Core.System]
PurgeCacheDays=30
SavePath=..\Save
CachePath=../Cache
CacheExt=.uxx
CacheRecordPath=../System/*.ucl
MusicPath=../Music
SpeechPath=../Speech
Paths=../System/*.u
Paths=../Maps/*.ut2
Paths=../Textures/*.utx
Paths=../Sounds/*.uax
Paths=../Music/*.umx
Paths=../StaticMeshes/*.usx
Paths=../Animations/*.ukx
Paths=../Saves/*.uvx
Suppress=DevLoad
Suppress=DevSave
Suppress=DevNetTraffic
Suppress=DevGarbage
Suppress=DevKill
Suppress=DevReplace
Suppress=DevCompile
Suppress=DevBind
Suppress=DevBsp
Suppress=DevNet
Suppress=DevKarma
Suppress=RecordCache
Suppress=MapVoteDebug
Suppress=Init
suppress=MapVote
Suppress=VoiceChat
Suppress=ChatManager
Suppress=Timer
Suppress=DevLIPSinc
Paths=../ChaosUT2/Animations/*.ukx
Paths=../ChaosUT2/Maps/*.ut2
Paths=../ChaosUT2/Sounds/*.uax
Paths=../ChaosUT2/StaticMeshes/*.usx
Paths=../ChaosUT2/System/*.u
Paths=../ChaosUT2/Textures/*.utx

[Engine.GameEngine]

I've noticed if i comment out Paths=../ChaosUT2/System/*.u it takes care of the problem.