Loading a Duelmap

Discussions about Chaos mapping for the UT series.
DarkspY

Loading a Duelmap

Post by DarkspY »

Hi!
I'm creating a Duelmap and saved it and shut down the editor. I didn't save the "changes" in the staticmeshfolder, because i didn't change anything. It includes a chaos info, like in the tutorial.
I loaded the map in the editor again and I got this message:

The following resources were not found when loading the map.
Any references to them were set to NULL.
WARNING: If you save the map now, these references will be saved as NULL.
Missing Resources: Function XGame.xWeaponAttachment.InitFor

What does this mean and how to fix it?

less important:
Why do I have to chose the seven available weapons for Duel instead of taking all eight?

THANKS FOR ANY HELP!!!
jeditobe1
Inactive Chaos Team Member

Post by jeditobe1 »

Well.. i dont know about the first part, but the weapon selector is not just the melee weapons, you have 7 weapon slots, and you can put melee, normal weapons, chaos weapons, etc into them.
I make Darth Vader look like a teenage punk with a lightsaber.
LoQtUS

Post by LoQtUS »

the issue you are having is caused by the ut2004 mod system. when adding chaos content to maps you will need to add thsses lines to your UT2004.ini:

Paths=../ChaosUT2/Animations/*.ukx
Paths=../ChaosUT2/Maps/*.ut2
Paths=../ChaosUT2/Music/*.umx
Paths=../ChaosUT2/Sounds/*.uax
Paths=../ChaosUT2/StaticMeshes/*.usx
Paths=../ChaosUT2/System/*.u
Paths=../ChaosUT2/Textures/*.utx

Just open it in a text editor and do a search for the word "path". this will show you the proper section to add them under :)

This happens because the editor dose not know that the ChaosUT directory even exists. once you add the ligns above to your 2k4.ini your problem should be solved. Keep inmind that theese ligns add the ChaosUT directory to unreals initialization and alot of the chaos content will end up showing in your unreal game without being activated.

Let me know how it comes out, and keep us updated on that map ;)
The Dark Side of Chaos.
jeditobe1
Inactive Chaos Team Member

Post by jeditobe1 »

Ah ok thought it might be that but i wasnt sure.

Should also be able to use the -mod=ChaosUT2 switch on a Ued shortcut (thats how i do it) instead of adding the pathing lines.
I make Darth Vader look like a teenage punk with a lightsaber.
DarkspY

Post by DarkspY »

I didn't add these lines, because they've already been there. I installed by umod. It's still playable, so it doesn't realy matter.
How do you build maps without these allknown tranparent holes in the textures??? I always have to fight with the map, after some time and build it as the holes direct me to. :cry:
DarkspY

Post by DarkspY »

I always start building a map and this damn bug apperas for no reason, because i don't scale objects!!! Now my current map is broken, too. Somehow all those big maps don't have that bug. What am I doing wrong? Could sb take a look at my map and tell me how to fix it? I could send it as an email.
jb

Post by jb »

DarkspY,

did you get this worked out yet? Sorry been a bit busy with RL and feel behind on the forums :(
Jb
DarkspY

Post by DarkspY »

the loading bug still exists and the blackholebug too. I always move the object with the bug a little and rebuild it. Afterwards I've got the bug somewhere else or it's temporarly gone. :?
You know a trick or sth?
LoQtUS

Post by LoQtUS »

If you can email it to LoQtUS@Planetunreal.com I would be happy to take a look at it. :)
The Dark Side of Chaos.
DarkspY

Post by DarkspY »

I'll send it to you as soon, as I'm not ashamed of it anymore. :P
Is it true, that all big maps are totally build with staticmeshes and only on or two rooms?! I must find out, how to create that good staticmeshes, too. Now I'll take a look at the tutorialdvd from ut2004 special edition. Next thing I have to do, is to create some textures with Photoshop and the DXT-Plugin from NVidia. I only use UT2004 for Chaos and Unreal4Ever! Thanks for your great work!
jb

Post by jb »

Thanks LoQ!
Jb