Help, trying to set up Weapon Arena style!

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
Tim
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Tim »

Ehm, Tom... Did you ever tryed normal Arena mutator? It worked for me (couldn't find gravity vortex in ChaosUT: Weapon Arena, so i choosen normal arena :twisted: ).
------------------------------------
If confused ignore below :wink:
------------------------------------
I can't remember if choosing ChaosUT weapons in normal arena, do you have to use ChaosUT: Evolution mutator, or it works without it. So try both, using CUT mutator with normal arena and CUT weapons or not. :roll:
tomchick

Post by tomchick »

Tim,

Yep, normal Arena and the Worm Arena mutator work fine and allow me to pick a single weapon, which helps. The Worm mutator lets you specify unlimited ammo, but otherwise they seem functionally identical.

Unfortunately, I don't think either one allows for different types of ammo when you use weapons like the Crossbow or Claw. In fact, sometimes they don't include *any* ammo. I was hoping the CUT arena mutator might have settings for this.

-Tom
jeditobe1
Inactive Chaos Team Member

Post by jeditobe1 »

The Chaos arena mutator allows you to select the alternate ammo types yes, though only one is in play at a time (ie.. you can have napalm nades only, or poison nades only, or normal ones, but not a combination).

At least it does that when its working. Are you running anything else that interferes/changes with the weapon setup? RPG, worm, etc?
I make Darth Vader look like a teenage punk with a lightsaber.
tomchick

Post by tomchick »

No, I've been trying it with CUT's arena mod running alone.

-Tom