Download - New Lady Chaos and Karsalim skin

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
Sporx

Post by Sporx »

hey, lady chaos doesnt look like a 90 year old black woman anymore, yay!
neolith
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by neolith »

FurrySound wrote:and here is the link

Skins for Angeligue, Melanie, and Kat

Furry made a small typo in the URL, it is referring to the first pack. Unfortunately I cannot edit his post, so if you want to download the second pack, please click here...

EDIT: LazarusX, I just noticed that the LadyChaosX.upl is included in both of the .zip files. Is that intended?

EDIT2: Some crits:

Nice skins! I like Melanie best as the skin isn't bound to the geometry as much as the others.

Most of the other skins have whiteouts that break the colorsmoothing ingame. Unfortunately the UT engine brightens up skins a lot and sometimes also kicks up the contrast. If you want to look your skins the way they do in Photoshop, you'll have to add a layer of 30%-50% black on top. In most cases that does the trick.

I also noticed on your Lady Chaos repaint that you used the same highlights for skin and clothes. Skin has only very subtle highlights. When light hits skin, it is scattered beneath the surface and due to your blood gives very smooth, slightly red colored highlights. Light goes through skin and is not reflected as it is on clothes. Therefore the highlights are a lot less strong and sharp.
And this skin has breaks on the shoulders.

Otherwise then that: Nice job!
–The biggest trick the devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he didn't exist.–
LazarusX

Post by LazarusX »

1. Yes, I noticed a small typo in th upl (as I said in the readme) - but it didn't seem to have a negative effect - I still included fixed version.

2. Yeah - I know where the problems are - they are all a bit rushed. My next skin will probably not have those problems... I noticed the overbrightening when importing Lady Choas - but in play (dark areas of the map didn't have too much problems - but bright areas do :( )

My skins are free to use and edit. Use them however you wish. I can send a template of the body and face (greyscale) for people to work on it if they want.

This whole project was to give some better quality in the LadyCaos model's skins, that is all.

Note: This was my first UT2kX skins - so I'm still learning to use the new engine and all it's little quirks (been skinning more exclusively on the UT99 engine 8O - 256 color palettes is just not enough! :cry: )
Bananasalat

Post by Bananasalat »

neolith wrote:
Most of the other skins have whiteouts that break the colorsmoothing ingame. Unfortunately the UT engine brightens up skins a lot and sometimes also kicks up the contrast. If you want to look your skins the way they do in Photoshop, you'll have to add a layer of 30%-50% black on top. In most cases that does the trick.

BIIIG thx for this trick
In Onlinegames my name is >NV<UTMaster.

Es gibt nur einen Gott - BelaFarinRod!
FurrySound

Post by FurrySound »

Link corrected, thanks neolith :)
FurrySound{TOC}
-The sun never sets on the Chaotic Dreams Empire
LoQtUS

Post by LoQtUS »

My skins are free to use and edit. Use them however you wish. I can send a template of the body and face (greyscale) for people to work on it if they want.

Yea, i had a feeling something like this was going to happen, But i have been tired of playing the bad guy for quite a while.

The skins that are part of this thread are directly based off of The origional skins for the model. What this means is that they will need my permission to alter or use them just as LazarusX did. Ofcourse i clame no juristiction over LazarusX's work, but the charicters and concepts that he is working on are not his to give out freely, so you will need my permission also.

Sorry, I dont mean to be the bad guy, just making sure that all of the info is straight here :)
The Dark Side of Chaos.
neolith
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by neolith »

Bananasalat wrote:BIIIG thx for this trick
You're welcome! :D
–The biggest trick the devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he didn't exist.–
LazarusX

Post by LazarusX »

LoQtUS wrote:

Yea, i had a feeling something like this was going to happen, But i have been tired of playing the bad guy for quite a while.

The skins that are part of this thread are directly based off of The origional skins for the model. What this means is that they will need my permission to alter or use them just as LazarusX did. Ofcourse i clame no juristiction over LazarusX's work, but the charicters and concepts that he is working on are not his to give out freely, so you will need my permission also.

Sorry, I dont mean to be the bad guy, just making sure that all of the info is straight here :)
oops, sorry - yeah, they are based off the original skins - but not all are exactly like the originals (I added other minute details to make 'em a bit less bland or similar to one another)

I do have a base (2 details away from being nude) template (BW) for others to make skins of there own if they want.
LazarusX

Post by LazarusX »

OK, how about this, I go back and make one more adjustment to the skins (darken them where they're needed) - when I release the next set I'll add the new versions in the pack - just one big skin pack? (I send at my College - faster connection)
LazarusX

Remake Skin Pack Final

Post by LazarusX »

I have finished all the skins: AngeliQue, Ice Queen, Karsalim, Kat, Lady Chaos, Lady Luna, Melanie. (Of LadyChaos_Skins.utx - I did not do Goth Faye - as it is obvious it wasn't done by the same author as the others - the style, seperate package, and logo gave it away)

All in all - it's 8.53mb, I've darken the skins skin tones in the old skins and used darker teamcolors this time.

Since it's so large (for me that is) I'll will send it on Wednesday when I have access to a school terminal - since their net speed is far faster than mine.
FurrySound

Post by FurrySound »

And here they are...

Here is the final version of the remake skin of the LadyChaosSkins.utx - I didn't
redo the Faye Goth skin - since it was a seperate utx package and its obvious it's a
different artist who made - no permission to redo it anyways.

Anyways - enjoy the skins - use and distribute to your (or teams) likings.
-LazarusX

FullSkinPack

(Sorry for the delay in posting)
FurrySound{TOC}
-The sun never sets on the Chaotic Dreams Empire