The Chaos Mac stuff (For Macs users only)

If you're having a problem with any of the UT versions of Chaos, post here for help.
=DF=Scourge

Post by =DF=Scourge »

I have two problems. The installer says it installed but the files are ina temp folder on desktop only found by doing a search int eh finder. also the launcher just bounces once in the dock and then nothing...nada....Alsao i hear u haeva clean install manual or somehting...where is it?

I have a Dual 2Ghz PowerMac G5 runnning Mac OS x Panther 10.3.5
=DF=Scourge

Post by =DF=Scourge »

:?
halprin
MAC Daddy

Post by halprin »

mithy wrote:Hi,

I installed everything like it should be done, everything is in it's place.. but.. when I start the starter.app the icon bumps once in the dock.. and then..nothing, absolutely nothing.. nothing opens, nothing crashes.

What's goin wrong? it's a clean install.. Fragops works ok..
=DF=Scourge wrote:I have two problems. The installer says it installed but the files are ina temp folder on desktop only found by doing a search int eh finder. also the launcher just bounces once in the dock and then nothing...nada....Alsao i hear u haeva clean install manual or somehting...where is it?

I have a Dual 2Ghz PowerMac G5 runnning Mac OS x Panther 10.3.5
Oops... Fixed now to version 2.0.1! Sorry it took me so long. Only change was that if there was no preference file, the program displays the window. So basicly if it was your first time running it, you would not have any pref file, so it would not display the window. :oops: Same URLs up there work!

Scourge, first things first:
1. Are you on UT2k4?
2. You clicked Browse... for the UT 2k4 path and you choose the Application itself correct?
3. Then you click Browse... for the File path and do you choose the actuall zip file or are you doing a umod?
4. You then click on Install correct?
Next PR release date: 2 weeks
=DF=Scourge

Post by =DF=Scourge »

ok1 when i ran the installer Unreal wasnt active it was off.
2 yes i choose the app itself
3 I selected the actaul zip file itself
4yes i hit install. then it says might take awhile, then after soem time it says complete. Buyt its not installed into UT. I have permissions to modify it and everything.

By the way id this like fragops wher eu can just unzip the zip drop all the files inside ut and then just use the launcher? Or do u ahev to specifiaclly install Choas exaclty?
halprin
MAC Daddy

Post by halprin »

=DF=Scourge wrote:ok1 when i ran the installer Unreal wasnt active it was off.
2 yes i choose the app itself
3 I selected the actaul zip file itself
4yes i hit install. then it says might take awhile, then after soem time it says complete. Buyt its not installed into UT. I have permissions to modify it and everything.

By the way id this like fragops wher eu can just unzip the zip drop all the files inside ut and then just use the launcher? Or do u ahev to specifiaclly install Choas exaclty?
Yes you can do it manually, but the mod installer is sopose to make it easy and it not working is something new. You have the latest version of the installer right? 4.0.1? I heard you came onto IRC, I am looking at the logs and I am sorry that I couldn't chat, I was at work.
Last edited by halprin on Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
halprin
MAC Daddy

Post by halprin »

I updated the starter so that it will work for you. Silly pubescent boy me... O_O Also, what version of UT2k4 do you have and what version of the Mac OS do you have?
=DF=Scourge

Post by =DF=Scourge »

i have version 3236 of unrela tournament 2004. My Dual 2GHz G5 is running MacOS X Panther version 10.3.5
=DF=Scourge

Post by =DF=Scourge »

Got it to boot and everything but i kinda did the installation how i thought it might be.

When i try to boot my sevrer in choas this comes up
center pointMutators ChaosGames.ChaosUT
Failed to load 'ChaosGames': Can't find file for package 'ChaosGames'
Failed to load 'Class ChaosGames.ChaosUT': Can't find file for package 'ChaosGames'

any ideas?
halprin
MAC Daddy

Post by halprin »

Ok, the server is a different story for one thing. First thing, are you doing it through a command line or through the UT 2k4 application?
=DF=Scourge

Post by =DF=Scourge »

THru Choas by clickin on host game.
halprin
MAC Daddy

Post by halprin »

=DF=Scourge wrote:THru Choas by clickin on host game.
Ok, that is the problem. I am thinking it is Mac specific but not sure. It happens to me too. You need to do it through a command line in the Terminal. Do you know how to do that?

All you Mac guys, hang tight. Chaos 3.5 is not compatible with the latest version of Unreal Tournament 2004 for the Mac. So all we need to do is wait for Ryan Gordon to get the latest patch out for the Mac and then we play Chaos! You guys are going to love the relics!
FurrySound

Post by FurrySound »

Epic said they will release mac/linux/win patches together this time.
FurrySound{TOC}
-The sun never sets on the Chaotic Dreams Empire
=DF=Scourge

Post by =DF=Scourge »

ok i want to boot my server in Choas VCTF with the mutator anti tcc on. but i dont no the command line thingy. also i want it to be a 14 player server for now.
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

=DF=Scourge wrote:ok i want to boot my server in Choas VCTF ..... also i want it to be a 14 player server for now.
Hi! (wave)

I love you.

No, really, c'mere, give me a big hug....., come on....
jb

Post by jb »

R.Flagg wrote:
=DF=Scourge wrote:ok i want to boot my server in Choas VCTF ..... also i want it to be a 14 player server for now.
Hi! (wave)

I love you.

No, really, c'mere, give me a big hug....., come on....
TMI TMI TMI TMI :)
Jb