First Duel map - Duel-Boneyard

Discussions about Chaos mapping for the UT series.
jb

Post by jb »

venalanatomica wrote:you sir, are truly an excellent individual. Thanks, it totally worked after that. Cheers! i can finally try HH!!!!
See the ChaosUT2.log is your friend, except when its filled with AN then is a bloated pice of .... :)

Glad its working
Jb
FurrySound

Post by FurrySound »

We should have this available shortly for downloading.
FurrySound{TOC}
-The sun never sets on the Chaotic Dreams Empire
jb

Post by jb »

FurrySound wrote:We should have this available shortly for downloading.
Yea!!!!! TY!
Jb
FurrySound

Post by FurrySound »

:D
FurrySound{TOC}
FurrySound

Post by FurrySound »

Grab Duel-Boneyard now!!

Duel - Boneyard Readme

Map for Chaos Ut2004

Author: Grant "VenalAnatomica" Brown

email: venalanatomica15 a.t hotmail.com

Release Date: 22 Nov 2004

Installation:
This level has everything added to the myLevel package so all you need to do is unzip to C:/Ut2004/CUT/Maps or wherever your Ut chaos directory is.

Play Info:
Game Type: CUT Duel (melee favoured)

Botmatch: Yes

Single Player: No

Teamplay: No

Difficulty Settings: Only For Bots

New Textures: Yes

New Meshes: Yes

New Scripts: No

New Sounds: No

New Music: No

If this level appears too bright, here is my settings:

Brightness : 0.87
Gamma: 1.21
Contrast: 0.82

Bugs: None i know of, except bots seem to avoid running up backs of skeletons unless you go up first.

This level is really designed for Melee weapons, and easily caters for 1 on 1 or LMS up to 8 players.

The skeletons etc were originally much higher poly (54000 for the skull alone) but this created huge fps problems so they've been scaled down vastly. I've also left the music played up to you, so if you want music, hit f11 and choose your fav track.

Hope you like duelling in The Boneyard!

Copyrights and legal jazz
You MAY NOT use this level as a base for additional levels without explicit permission from the author.

ANY bug fixes, fixes, changes and tweaks will happen by me and me only. No person, (server/site/league) admin, 3rd party mapper or player is allowed to bring out a modified version of this map.

Authors MAY NOT use the static meshes/prefabs/textures from this map without explicit
permission.

You MAY NOT charge any money for this map or any of its embedded content.

You MAY distribute this level through any electronic media (internet (web/ftp),
FIDO, local BBS, Magazine coverdisk etc.), provided you include this file.

You know the drill.

thanks to all the chaos team for help, as well as creating this cool mod. Cheers alos to anyone ive ever hassled for help in the editor! thnx.
FurrySound{TOC}
General_Sun

Post by General_Sun »

Excellent!

Cheers.
High Council member of The Generals
GB

Post by GB »

has anyone downloaded boneyard and liked it? id like some feedback if possible, so i can improve on future maps. any problems with it running?

i know that the skeletrons are bit high poly, so sometimes collision can effect fps (like when u hit them).

i'd like to know how this runs on a lower spec pc also....my pc is hugely fast with rakes of RAM (1.5gb) for mapping and even runs half life 2 at 100fps on highest settings...so its hard for me to judge how maps would run on say a P3 500mhz or something.

thanks all!
"All i know is my gut says maybe"
jb

Post by jb »

venalanatomica,

sorry been busy with Real Life stuff. Just had a chance to play your map. I am on an 2800xp, 1 GB Ram with a 9700Pro. It ran just fine for me but my system used to be fast :) I dont really have any suggestions as I thought the map played very well and looked really really nice. Thanks for a great map...more please :)
Jb
SideWinder

Post by SideWinder »

accully those skeletons look pretty good...id DL it, but im not at my home comp, (if anything ill have to DL it onto a CD RW at school an take it home from there, my new comp isnt online ready yet)
^Current Map Project^
ONS-BlackBridge (Working name)

^Finished Projects^
DM-AKA-1on1-RumbleRoom

~~~~~~~~
Quitters Never Win, Winners Never Quit, But Those Who Never Win And Never Quit Are Idiots
GB

Boneyard Final

Post by GB »

thanks to some suggestios from hammerman, ive now finally finished boneyard to an acceptable level(again).

Its now Duel only, cos i couldnt "fit" weapon bases into the level. Dont moan, this level wasnt built for guns in the first place, so its no major loss.

anyway, get boneyard final here:

http://www.chaoticdreams.org/ce/venalan ... _final.zip

Just paste it over your old copy.
Dont know if its worth updating on the communitymaps folder, but anyway, its here.

Have fun.

venalanatomica.
LoQtUS

Post by LoQtUS »

Melee DM OWNS ALL!!!!!!! I would like to see it in melee dm with relics :)

Just one openion.
The Dark Side of Chaos.
GB

Post by GB »

surely that'd just be a case of adding DM to the start of it instead of Duel, and an adding a relic base?

lol, seems a bit cheap though to push as another level. i may rework it make it a bit bigger for DM - ive got some drawings from a year ago of boneyard when i had intended it for an ONS map....ill use some of those ideas maybe and do a melee DM, but slightly larger.

BTW - all mappers - Are you sick of having to redo projectors when u rebuild a map? i dunno if anyone has said this before, but if u just put all the boxes to false in projector properties about project on bsp etc, then rebuild, then put them back to true, it avoids all that pink line guff. thought that was pretty neat. it resets them without having to manually re-do them.
General_Sun

Post by General_Sun »

Well from my experience, can't you just replace the duel-boneyard with dm-boneyard?

and the relics auto-spawn on the bot paths if you turn them on. I think...
High Council member of The Generals
GB

Post by GB »

yeah i could, if u really, absolutly wanted boneyard as a DM. i just think its a bit of a cheap conversion, doing that without adding any new features to it.

if u really want a DM boneyard, then i'll do it.