Where is everyone?

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
Shadowstar
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Shadowstar »

Well, if you REALLY want people to play chaos, you could set up a fan-driven advertising campaign. After all, it couldn't hurt. ;)
TKATK
the magical link fairy

Post by TKATK »

Lets make it rain fliers over new york!

when someone decides to fund it...
General_Sun

Post by General_Sun »

Shadowstar wrote:Well, if you REALLY want people to play chaos, you could set up a fan-driven advertising campaign. After all, it couldn't hurt. ;)
Lol I've tried. Lol. But we could always brainstorm ideas. We could spam RSS channels. XD

And Rythmix, if I was correct, I had some pretty good moves on that last fight...
High Council member of The Generals
LoQtUS

Post by LoQtUS »

I would be more then willing to help work on any Promotional type stuff you guys want to go with. I have a pretty big plate still but i tend to find a bit of time here and there for other things off the beaten path. ;)
The Dark Side of Chaos.
Shadowstar
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Shadowstar »

I suppose some of the dev team could be persuaded to donate some pics and other content for promotional purposes.
Zachariah
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Zachariah »

Shadowstar wrote:I suppose some of the dev team could be persuaded to donate some pics . . .
heh . . . heh . . . heh . . .

:twisted:
Rythmix

Post by Rythmix »

General_Sun wrote:
Shadowstar wrote:Well, if you REALLY want people to play chaos, you could set up a fan-driven advertising campaign. After all, it couldn't hurt. ;)
Lol I've tried. Lol. But we could always brainstorm ideas. We could spam RSS channels. XD

And Rythmix, if I was correct, I had some pretty good moves on that last fight...
LOL after me not playing for like 5 weeks.. it just took a few strokes to get the feel back..and then.... "YOU HAVE WON THE MATCH" is all that filled my eyes :P
Rythm is Gonna Get Ya!
Shadowstar
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Shadowstar »

Pepito wrote:
Shadowstar wrote:I suppose some of the dev team could be persuaded to donate some pics . . .

Uh oh... I think I know where this is going...

/me runs away
General_Sun

Post by General_Sun »

Alright guys, we can do a few things.

Among them, firstly, are selective personal advertising. Several other people did this marvelously. CUT seems to be very personal. We can email people individually and offer them “exclusive content”. Which could actually be really simple. The exclusive content doesn’t really have to be real exclusive but cool. Now the trick here of course is to email important people who have connections. Namely clan leaders, webmasters, etc.

Also a good idea is to update this page here:
http://mods.moddb.com/947/

You might also want to recruit more beta-testers.
Now it’s not the point whether or not you need more, it’s the point that it sounds good to be part of the Chaos team. Again, you should look for people who has a lot of friends. They could tell their friends about this “cool new mod that I’m part of” and get them interested.

Holding more events more regularly, like tournaments and stuff could also inspire interest. The generals tournament a few weeks ago was good, but had a few basic flaws. Among them are not enough screenshots and eye-candy. The news reports at BU and PU was 2 paragraphs of text, not exactly eye catching.

You see? What you guys need if flashiness, more people with connections inside the fan base, and a larger surface area to spread the news on. Over flooding the fans with info about your mod will let new players find out about it, and old ones who discarded it before take another look at it.

Also a good idea is to get reviewed and put on magazines. That’s one of the best ways to reach a good audience.

But then again, I’m just a simple insignificant fan giving his two cents.

And to Rythmix… I was very busy also, and also hadn’t played for a long time. I think a lot of us is having that syndrome. And also, I was using the daggers? Hello?

If you want, I’ll fight you in an honor duel. VAR!
EndobioticChaos

Post by EndobioticChaos »

Rythmix wrote:
General_Sun wrote:And if Endo's average, and I suck, what does that make you? Lol!
Little sunny, do I need to replay the demo from our last encounter?! hmmmmmmm :wink:

And everyone knows endo is nothing without his mace :P (/me loves you endo)
Actually these days I'm better with the sword than with the mace, not that it matters...
~EC~

You think that's air you're breathing?
Rythmix

Post by Rythmix »

EndobioticChaos wrote:
Rythmix wrote:
General_Sun wrote:And if Endo's average, and I suck, what does that make you? Lol!
Little sunny, do I need to replay the demo from our last encounter?! hmmmmmmm :wink:

And everyone knows endo is nothing without his mace :P (/me loves you endo)
Actually these days I'm better with the sword than with the mace, not that it matters...
HAH Sword beat my Double Axx0r skills.... pllllllleeeeeeeeasssee
Rythm is Gonna Get Ya!
General_Sun

Post by General_Sun »

Lol! Topic highjacked into...

Brag about your skills thread!
But seriously devs, what did you think of my suggestions?
TKATK
the magical link fairy

Post by TKATK »

im not a dev but that seems perfect,modworks too could use a bit of updating
neolith
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by neolith »

Pepito wrote:

Pepito, that's Chaos pics... ;)
–The biggest trick the devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he didn't exist.–
jb

Post by jb »

TKATK wrote:im not a dev but that seems perfect,modworks too could use a bit of updating
Yea neolith :)
Jb