One server menu to rule them all?

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
Mætlöaff

One server menu to rule them all?

Post by Mætlöaff »

Maybe if there was a "all Chaos gametypes" tab in the server browser, more people would be on since all of the Chaos servers would be visible together. As it currently is, I have to go through every single gametype to find a damn server :evil: .
LoQtUS

Post by LoQtUS »

Not a bad idea at all. Infact i think its a great one :)
The Dark Side of Chaos.
Mætlöaff

Post by Mætlöaff »

It would help unify the fanbase. A lot of other mods out there like Red Orchestra, Air Buccaneers, Frag-Ops and UTXMP (though not so much because it already had a fanbase from the Unreal 2 crowd) get larger fanbases because of the fact that they only have one gametype. The Frag-Ops community recently schizmed due to the recent addition of the War gametype which split the community into newbies playing War and veterans playing Mission, and now you only see 2 full servers on a good day, whereas you used to see like 8 of them :roll: .
jb

Post by jb »

Hmm we could try this and see how it goes however there was something that I hit as a road block a long time ago when i tired it. Hmm can not remember...must be too much eggnog. Can look into this some more.
Jb
halprin
MAC Daddy

Post by halprin »

jb wrote:Hmm we could try this and see how it goes however there was something that I hit as a road block a long time ago when i tired it. Hmm can not remember...must be too much eggnog. Can look into this some more.
Don't get run over by a reindeer!
Next PR release date: 2 weeks
DemonHunter

Post by DemonHunter »

I LOVE the idea!
[23:21] <DH> everybody knows coders are robots
[23:21] <DH> and should be treated as such
[23:21] <JimMarlowe> shhh
neolith
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by neolith »

LoQtUS wrote:Not a bad idea at all. Infact i think its a great one :)
Yes, I second that!
–The biggest trick the devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he didn't exist.–
Zachariah
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Zachariah »

This Copncept is officially endorsed by pepito, although ,execution could prove tricky.
Kaboodles

Post by Kaboodles »

Another problem is the amount of servers running on normal DM or CTF, instead of the much cooler Chaos versions, so you have to search through all of the vanilla gametypes, too.

Instead of an "all Chaos Gametypes" tab, a "All servers running Chaos" tab would be better.
High Council member of The Generals
FurrySound

Post by FurrySound »

Agreed, it would be nice.
FurrySound{TOC}
-The sun never sets on the Chaotic Dreams Empire
Mætlöaff

Post by Mætlöaff »

Kaboodles_The_Assassin wrote:Another problem is the amount of servers running on normal DM or CTF, instead of the much cooler Chaos versions, so you have to search through all of the vanilla gametypes, too.

Instead of an "all Chaos Gametypes" tab, a "All servers running Chaos" tab would be better.
Yeah, I forgot about Chaos servers running normie gametypes. That tab would be better, 'specially for Chaos Jailbreak (which I DESPARATELY need more of :cry: ). I think what turns a lot of people off of Chaos is the fact that they can't see all of the servers at the same time.
TKATK
the magical link fairy

Post by TKATK »

Mætlöaff wrote:
Kaboodles_The_Assassin wrote:Another problem is the amount of servers running on normal DM or CTF, instead of the much cooler Chaos versions, so you have to search through all of the vanilla gametypes, too.

Yeah, I forgot about Chaos servers running normie gametypes. That tab would be better, 'specially for Chaos Jailbreak (which I DESPARATELY need more of :cry: ). I think what turns a lot of people off of Chaos is the fact that they can't see all of the servers at the same time.
i think its more like the fact that they dont see any servers upon opening the browser :(
Mætlöaff

Post by Mætlöaff »

TKATK wrote:
Mætlöaff wrote:

i think its more like the fact that they dont see any servers upon opening the browser :(
Well, that's kind of a given, seeing as how if you don't see all of the servers at the same time you probably won't see any at all.
TKATK
the magical link fairy

Post by TKATK »

Mætlöaff wrote:
TKATK wrote:
Mætlöaff wrote:Yeah, I forgot about Chaos servers running normie gametypes. That tab would be better, 'specially for Chaos Jailbreak (which I DESPARATELY need more of :cry: ). I think what turns a lot of people off of Chaos is the fact that they can't see all of the servers at the same time.
Well, that's kind of a given, seeing as how if you don't see all of the servers at the same time you probably won't see any at all.
by default it opens ons,ons+CUT is pritty rare
MassChAoS

Post by MassChAoS »

no actually, FurrySound's server is running ONS and its almost always up