Hey servers but there empty

Discussions about Chaos mapping for the UT series.
DMW

Hey servers but there empty

Post by DMW »

Is anyone familiar with the all seeing eye game server program.I used it to find Chaos UT servers.I found 3 but they always seem to be empty.If you wanna look for yourself heres the link for the all seeing eye.(works with games and mods)O yeah you can use the trial version as long as you want.
http://gamesdomain.yahoo.com/ase/register
OMG sry I just now relised that this is in the wrong place.I appologize it was a complete mistake.
TKATK
the magical link fairy

Post by TKATK »

The servers are quite empty,and thats becouse none wants to be the first to join the server

a sure way to find players is to join Generals Duel server Saturday at 8.PM(EST)(or 3am my timezone -_-)
Bruce9950

Post by Bruce9950 »

where is your time Zone (the moon) :lol: just kidding.that IS being serious i tried to the night before but no luck registerd and it kept saying invalid password URRRRRRRRRRRRgh.I'll try again.We definitly need

a public tester and server.Any one know how much
does it cost cost to rent one????? I would pitch in$ :idea:
Head Shot (ooooooooooooh i love that)Ha Ha Ha Ha.

GB

Post by GB »

my clan(s) in cs pay around £10 - £30 a month for a server to support 24 players i think.

my luxemberg clan pay only 30euro for 3 months, but im not sure how they get it so cheap.

servers are pretty expensive to be honest, any with a decent playercount anyway. im sure if you placed up a few games tho, they would be used a lot.
"All i know is my gut says maybe"
Bruce9950

Post by Bruce9950 »

Hey -JB,Flagg,Gasman,Furry,kyle,LoQ- anyone want to go this route for a server.Look's like im gonna have more time on my hand's then i thought.How about some input on this subject! :roll:

jb

Post by jb »

Bruce9950 wrote:Hey -JB,Flagg,Gasman,Furry,kyle,LoQ- anyone want to go this route for a server.Look's like im gonna have more time on my hand's then i thought.How about some input on this subject! :roll:
Thought about doing this myself. Also we have a "spare" server that my clan does not use much. I could see if we can borrow that to host UT2k4.
Jb
TKATK
the magical link fairy

Post by TKATK »

if you do,DONT HOST ONLY DUEL
jb

Post by jb »

TKATK wrote:if you do,DONT HOST ONLY DUEL

If I did it would be a combo server. Meaning open to the public most of the time the other times closed for IR testing. Gametype would be voted upon...
Jb
Bruce9950

Post by Bruce9950 »

Keep me informed JB if there is some way i can help let me know.Putting together map list's if we pu a few other games on the server we need to decide which Call of duty both Versions??? Far Cry is pretty pouplar,Brothers in arms road to hill 103 etc let's hear some feedback.

TKATK
the magical link fairy

Post by TKATK »

HL2DM and UT2004 are the only games worthy of a server imo

For UT2004 how about Soldat+ChaosUT(tried it offline,and its fun!)
For HL2:well...not alot of choice here(HL2DM,HL2CTF or sourceforts are the only non-rubbish mods i can think of)
jb

Post by jb »

Oh sorry. Just to clarify it would be set up as a UT server running Chaos. Just which gametype would be open to the players via map vote or something simular...

Now getting another game and having a server to play at just for fun, thats not a bad idea :)
Jb
Bruce9950

Post by Bruce9950 »

Your right a UT2K4 server is the only way to go
Last edited by Bruce9950 on Mon May 02, 2005 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

jb

Post by jb »

Beef, check your PMs
Jb
Gamma

Post by Gamma »

TKATK wrote:HL2DM and UT2004 are the only games worthy of a server imo
... and Natural Selection.

btw if you don't know what Natural Selectio is then you're a <Insert Insult here, because I'm too lazy to do so myself>.