Chaos Tournament for UT 2k7?

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)

Would it be cool with Chaos Tournament based on the Unreal 3 engine?

Of course the better graphic the better feeling
91%
Well if it has to be then ok
9%
No way man i'll just stick to the current one
No votes

Total votes: 11

Shadowstar
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Shadowstar »

Ok, well the point I was trying to make is that we're not copying anyone really, but the things we put into chaos are things that are universally accepted as "fitting" in an FPS game. Everyone seems to agree that these ideas work well, so we include them because Chaos is about putting lots of great things together.

Epic does the same thing, though copying the behavior of the proxy mine does seem a little too close to going over the edge, but if it doesn't look like a proxy, I suppose it's not that bad. After all, the one thing they'll never be able to take away from us is the character of the proxy. That's pretty much ours. And I can tell you that a proxy mine that doesn't look like a happy face and doesn't taunt you, just isn't all that great. Somehow, those little yellow balls of sarcasm are more than just hopping proximity mines.
Zachariah
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Zachariah »

as far as I know , CUT2k7 is unlikely, unless they port UT2k7 to the GBA . . .

I've said too much . . .
Tim
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Tim »

Pepito wrote:I've said too much . . .
I agree :?

About proxy mines...
Everytime i get Claw2 in my hands with proxy mines, i relase them immediately. They are a LOT more "alive" than UT2k4 spider mines. Those spider mines just sit and wait, while proxy mines talk. With sarcasm.

One thing i like about UT2k4 is the humour of (some) death messages:
"Tim tried out one of his spider mines... It worked!" - or something in that style.
TKATK
the magical link fairy

Post by TKATK »

Tim wrote:
Pepito wrote:I've said too much . . .
Yap
Spider mines didnt copy proxy's,UC2 Bio goop hops around and tries to slime any opponent that comes nearby...thats the Proxy-Lite
Shadowstar
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Shadowstar »

Heh, I sense a proxies vs. bio goop war coming...
Mætlöaff

Post by Mætlöaff »

Well, I highly doubt that the proxy blobs will just continously move throughout the map, it seems to me like Epic just wanted to make it easier to hit people with them. I don't know, it's probably best off to wait until more is known about UT2k7.
Shadowstar
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Shadowstar »

Personally, I really prefer the "classic" bio rifle. So what if it takes skill to hit someone with it? Isn't that supposed to be a GOOD thing??
Gamma

Post by Gamma »

Shadowstar wrote:Personally, I really prefer the "classic" bio rifle. So what if it takes skill to hit someone with it? Isn't that supposed to be a GOOD thing??
This is UC2 we're talking about right? Aiming with an Xbox controller is way harder than with a mouse and keyboard, so of course Epic would change the weapons.
Duke

Post by Duke »

ChaosUT3 would ROCK!!!
I'd write 'Especially if it had...' here, but that's for another topic.
Mick

Post by Mick »

Personally, I like the look of the engine "Prey" uses: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/prey/media.html
I think all the twisted gravity and warpzone thingies would lend themselves to chaos really well... but then again it might be better to "chaosify" a non-chaotic game, rather than one that's already chaotic... meh, whatever game chaos moves too next I'll probably buy it anyway :)
Reality is that part of imagination we all agree on.
Shadowstar
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Shadowstar »

As far as I know, UT2007 is being developed for the PC. A console variation may follow, as usual... But in all the articles I've read about it, they are strictly PC oriented in design. Plus there are some things you just cant do with a console, and I don't think they'd want to limit themselves to that. That's why they make console versions, they are like "light" versions of PC games.
TKATK
the magical link fairy

Post by TKATK »

http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1 ... t-2007/p1/

AFAIK UT2k7 is going to be a double release,Consoles and PC

which usually means the gameplay gets tweaked to suit thoose slow and clumsy controllers
Shadowstar
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Shadowstar »

Hmm, well I guess they have to make the mistakes first before they can learn from them.
TKATK
the magical link fairy

Post by TKATK »

Shadowstar wrote:Hmm, well I guess they have to make the mistakes first before they can learn from them.
thats what you get they being published by the lord of console fighting games,Midway
Zachariah
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by Zachariah »

? you console haters are ridiculous. cant we all just get along? consoles embrace pc's. HL2 players embrace Halo2 players.

love's what we need people. not hatin!