New dev update - lol

All about Chaos for Unreal... (UT3, UT2004, UT2003, UT)
Mephisto

New dev update - lol

Post by Mephisto »

jb
So I guess in an IDEAL fansty world my idea of Chaos for UT2k7 would be have with a lite version with the weapons/features and maybe vehicles.
A LOT of people asked for this already ages ago and you said it is not your goal :D :D
It´s not a bug - it´s a feature
jb

Re: New dev update - lol

Post by jb »

Mephisto wrote:
jb
So I guess in an IDEAL fansty world my idea of Chaos for UT2k7 would be have with a lite version with the weapons/features and maybe vehicles.
A LOT of people asked for this already ages ago and you said it is not your goal :D :D

Well as I said hind sight is always 20/20. We thought it would work better doing it this way. I am thinking now maybe that was not the best plan. But I am just one part of the team so don't take this a new direction..its something I will bring up next time :)
Jb
General_Sun

Post by General_Sun »

I think I"ll have to take credit for prompting BU to write that news post. :D
High Council member of The Generals
jb

Post by jb »

General_Sun wrote:I think I"ll have to take credit for prompting BU to write that news post. :D
why ty!
Jb
Iceboy

Post by Iceboy »

Mephisto wrote:
jb
So Chaos Lite is just the weapons + vehicles, no Melee?

I like Melee Duel for what it is, however I'm still not totally sold on having the Melee weapons in Chaos DM... Of course this was something Epic had to deal with in UC2 (which I haven't played at all, so I have no idea if it really worked for them either)
WPI CS Grad Student
jb

Post by jb »

Iceboy wrote:So Chaos Lite is just the weapons + vehicles, no Melee?
I only suggested that because the melee requires you to replace pawn/controller classes that is a NO-NO for a mutator to do that as you could break other gametypes. So the logical place to break them (if we ever do) would be to what the chaosut mut does for us...
Jb