No chaos mutator

If you're having a problem with any of the UT versions of Chaos, post here for help.
Mephisto

No chaos mutator

Post by Mephisto »

I recall from the old version and also from the documentation, when adding the path' I can also use the mutator only which I could use in other gametypes too ...

The problem now : The webinterface does not see the mutator but only the gametype .. I also tried to copy all folder content into the root ut (using dedicated server) - same result ..
It´s not a bug - it´s a feature
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

Yes sir, and it's entirely my fault too, as I missed it in RC testing. I apologize for the trouble.

However, you can still add the mutator option to vanilla, by doing some manual labor. Here's the low-down from the zip-intall portion of our manual:
Using the Chaos Mutator w/o Activating Chaos Mod.

Chaos comes in both "mod" and "mutator" form. To use the ChaosUT2 mutator in normal UT2004, without activating the Chaos mod, simply open your UT2004.ini file, found in your UT2004\System folder, and add these lines in the [Core.System] section:

Paths=../ChaosUT2/System/*.u
Paths=../ChaosUT2/Maps/*.ut2
Paths=../ChaosUT2/Textures/*.utx
Paths=../ChaosUT2/Sounds/*.uax
Paths=../ChaosUT2/StaticMeshes/*.usx
Paths=../ChaosUT2/Animations/*.ukx

And there is also a Chaos icon included in the ChaosUT2\Help folder. This way, after a zip install you can still have a custom Chaos shortcut on your desktop with it's own icon.
Sorry about that. Normally it's a checkbox option during the umod installation, and we missed it this time. We'll try to get that added back for next go-round.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

But as I said, I did add the path already ...
R.Flagg
Chaotic Dreams Team

Post by R.Flagg »

In that case I don't know why it's not showing up. I've usually relied on help from others when it comes to admin'ing servers though, as I've never had my own.

So unless you can offer some more info, or an admin who's seen this can chime in, not sure what to tell you.

You have a dedicated server and one you play on? Same one? Do you see the mutator when you play offline? Only the remote admin borked somehow?
jb

Post by jb »

Mephisto,

so when you go into the server web interface, then go to the current, then mutators section, our ChaosUT mut is not there?

Are there other muts listed?

Can you get the log file incase we need to see it?

Sorry for your trouble.
Jb
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

Sorry for the late reply, I was out of town...

I don't see anything in current mutator etc.

What I did :

I uploaded all files to the ut server so that you had a subfolder called ChaosUT2 ...

I left my commandline alone, which was default Deatchmatch with Rankin as map.

The I fired up my webinterface and there was no mutator at all so I stopped the server again and add the path= section to my ini which did not help. The only way I was actually able to see the mutator was starting the server with activated chaos game and mutator.

However, you are then not able to play any default games anymore EVEN if you disable the mutator etc. it still starts with Chaos weapons ..

I still don't understand why you guys actually refuse to make a weapon only mutator since the demand seems to be huge here ....

In the current configuration you either have a Chaos only server, or "other" .. but you cannot have Chaos as second choise since people would have to download all the packages anyway which scared my member away .. this would not be the case with a weapon only mutator since people only play Chaos DM on my server anyway :(